Soul Calibur 4 Ivy Starter Deck has 2 Characters?

By nazoenigma, in UFS Rules Q & A

I'm new, and when I bought the Ivy starter deck, it came with 2 Characters. From the way I've read the rules, you can't use 2 characters.

It doesn't make sense for this to be an isolated case, so is there some reason for two characters?

I'm new, so any help would be great. Thanks

As of right now, the only 6-checks are on characters. You can also stack characters by playing them on your turn as a form. There is no point to stacking them though if they do no have different abilities. (The stacked abiities just turn into 1) Also it has a pretty nice +0 mid block.

Does that work on different characters? (As in, I have a Tira in my hand, can I play her off of Ivy?)

Also, thanks for replying. I was worried no one would ^_^ ;;

Ivy can block with Tira, but cannot play her in hopes of gaining the abilities that TIra has. You're only able to do that if you had different versions of the same character. If / when they decide to come out with a new Ivy, you can use them together for greatness.

Be aware that there are 2 characters (Jin/Kazuya) that buff their abilities just because they stack the same one of themselves.
As for character stacking, somewehre in the AGR there is a clause where it checks the two names and if they dont match the character in the cardpool is discarded.

Also note that in legacy there are a multitude of reasons why you might play a character even though it doesn't "match" your current character.

Ivy***** > Kunai > Ivy's Form for example. Or with Schmetterling out to speed buff your attack +6.

Okay, thanks ^_^