When making the Star Player deck, do you mix ALL cards form all teams belonging to that union? even those not played?

By WildAnimal, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

When making the Star Player deck, do you mix ALL cards form all teams belonging to that union? even those not played in the particular game?

example, if you have a four player game, and both the dwarf and human teams are in the game, do you still put in the elven star players?

p.4 of the rulebook says:

Prepare the Star Player Decks:

Take all Star Player cards (identified by the ✪ symbol on both sides of the player’s name), and separate them into two decks, based on their card back – OWA and CWC. Shuffle each deck separately and place them facedown near the Highlight deck.

I've put the important part in bold and underscored. So yes, all star players from the division the teams are in, including out-of-race ones. I do wonder why they did this, to be honest, as the tabletop game has a far stricter star player ruleset (each team can only hire certain star players, so you'd never see a wood elf playing for a dwarf team..ever (which would no sense at all if you consider the lore of the game), but team manager allows this. It makes "ogres" really too common on the pitch and with such wild skills. As a side note, that's why we came up with house rules to reflect the tabletop version better.

Edited by Oakwolf

I'm a mixer... keeps the rosters fresh!

I’d love it if Fantasy Flight Games would just release some new team decks or even a few new star players to add to the current unions as a stand-alone product.