Yun-seoung Becuase i love Air!!

By Da_ghetto_gamer, in UFS Deck Building

So ive been wanting to play air ever since i lost my adon deck to the cycle and i havent really been able to do that i played tira for a while but she was just better off her other symbols and zi mei just looks boring so i can up with this idea but i dont know what cards i should run and what i shouldnt im not too familiar with the new set but i know that i want to run seal and quest for souls so i can semi-loop with yun-seoungs readying ability and momentum generation....heres the deck so far

Starting Character 1x *Yun-seoung*

Attacks x20

4x Seal 4/3 +1M
4x Mark of the beast 5/3 +2M
4x Assassins Secret 4/3 +2H
4x Swing Kick 2/3 +0L
2x Menuett Dance 6/2
2x Execution Technique First Rite 4/3 +2L

Foundations x35

4x Communing with the ancients 3/5
4x Quest of Souls 3/5
4x Perfect Sense of Balance 2/5
4x Mishima Zaibatsu Leader 2/5 +2H
4x From the Hawk, Alertness 1/5 +3M
4x From the Mouse, Humility 2/5 +3L
4x Carefree 1/5 +1M
3x Keeper of the Watchers 2/5
3x Driven By Fear 2/5 +3M

Assets x5

3x Hall of the warrior god 2/5 +2M
2x Eiserne Drossel 2/5 +2M

Total: 60 + Character

I understand that the deck needs alot of work.....and i do mean alot but i havent built it yet its just an idea i had in my head for a deck i want 2 build any suggestions are welcome and appricated

Things that i have noticed.....This deck can generate alot of momentum really really fast so anything that can use it is good for the deck.

Lack of blocks is a problem if i cant kill early like i would like to even though i usually kill by turn 3 either looping seal or playing dance fully multiplied.

Looping seal usually can net me enough momentum solely through yun-seoung so that i can play dance afterwards for game

Also alot of my foundations dont do much for me are there any i should replace for something better?

I say Menuett Dance and Assassin's Secret should be your High attacks. Picture this scenario:

1. F with Communing with the Ancients .

2. Play random Mid Weapon (let's say Mark of the Beast ).

3. Play Assassin's Secret . Use Combo E . Use Yun-Seong* 's E . It hits, you now have 3 momentum.

4. Play Menuett Dance .

5. GG.

LordAggro said:

I say Menuett Dance and Assassin's Secret should be your High attacks. Picture this scenario:

1. F with Communing with the Ancients .

2. Play random Mid Weapon (let's say Mark of the Beast ).

3. Play Assassin's Secret . Use Combo E . Use Yun-Seong* 's E . It hits, you now have 3 momentum.

4. Play Menuett Dance .

5. GG.

This. Because i agree: Both Assassin's Secret and Menuett Dance would be hawt sauce in this deck.

Assassin's Secret is an enormous yes.

Temujin has a 3/3 2H3 attack (iirc) that plays really nice with Dragon's Flame, if you'd rather stick to that.

NOOO My secret tech is now revealed. Russian Rulette and I have been working with Yun-Seong for awhile now. Dances are great in this deck.. Turn 2 take 20 lol. Yeah this is a great deck.

As small addition that we have found that helps alot is Hall of the Warrior God and Finding Happiness, We use em to clear cheap attacks out of the card pool which allows turn 2 dances.

Air FTW Again!!

My attack line-up involved Wheel Kick, First Rite, Dragon Lifter, and Menuett Dance. What you do is Stun them out, use his E (because if they block a Wheel Kick, they clog their card pool, if they don't, you get 1 momentum), then clear the card pool with Driven By Fear and swing for game with Menuett Dance.

I actually got to play test the deck some yesterday and i realized that i could generate huge amounts of momentum without even really trying so i took out the flames for menuetts already....im glad to see that everyone else thinks that was the right call as well

I also like the idea of assassins secret ill have to try those in the deck as well and see how it works

Thanks guys for your ideas.....Keep em coming i really like the ideas behind this deck

Are there any other cards that discard attacks from the card pool so its easier to play attacks later in the turn?

DRIVEN BY FEAR!

a staple in Y(St)un-Seong.

MarcoPulleaux said:

DRIVEN BY FEAR!

a staple in Y(St)un-Seong.

Already have it in...i want to run 3 but i think i only have 2 so that might have to do

First off i just want to say that this deck is probably the most fun that ive had with a deck in a long time!! It really feels like im playing back in the days of block 2

I did my first real testing today and my only match loss came to an amy deck....i think that its more of i didnt know how to play against the deck then my deck failing at life or anything else lol

I went 3-0 in the tourney we had beating a lizardman, paul, and a heihachi deck i lost a game in each of the last 2 match but i pulled out the match win which is whats really importaint

The deck seems consistant i didnt always need menuett to kill but it helped alot and i had like 12 momentum one game that i played and i can ready just about every foundation i have out whenever i feel like it.

I added a couple of War between sisters because i can ready it and make them pitch 2 cards instead of just one making my attack go through alot smoother.

Anyone else have any good ideas id be willing to listen to them even though the deck is pretty good as is....i do still have a slight problems with blocks but i can solve it by playing smart and only blocking what i need to

I'm really glad it works, it looks really solid. Maybe I'll get a chance to play it if you come up this weekend for the store championship.

Ninjazanus said:

I'm really glad it works, it looks really solid. Maybe I'll get a chance to play it if you come up this weekend for the store championship.

I wish i could but i dont think i have a ride up there for it i might convince someone in our group to drive up there though

Ever consider Wonderworld Comics? Gives you easy draw power, and instant momentum should you ever need it. In limited circumstances, it'll change the zone of your attacks.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Ever consider Wonderworld Comics? Gives you easy draw power, and instant momentum should you ever need it. In limited circumstances, it'll change the zone of your attacks.

If i had them id probably give them a try but sadly i dont....maybe ill try them out and if they seem to work ill trade for some becuase im seriously thinking about playing this deck at the DC regionals next month

You need more low blocks, only 4 is not enough.

Kerhex said:

Musashi1054 said:

Kerhex said:

I'll say I agree with this statement. Have you considered From the Mouse, Humility? It's another low block (+3L is still low) and it seems like it would work well with Yun-Seong.

You know i didnt even realize it but it is in my second make of this build when i updated i didnt put in on here.....strange, also im consdiring running First rite for the stun and it gives me another weapon for A. Secret but i dont know if running more attacks is a good idea

I cut out the Stand offs completely becuase i dont actually have them its just somethin i wanted for the deck...it worked great but i dont actually have them

I also took out the perfect memories i liked the good high block but i never actually got to use the card for what it did so i added in 2x First rites in its place to see if that works a little better

You could always drop a Swing Kick* for another copy of First Rite. It would keep the same number of attacks, and the same number of low blocks. One question I'd ask is why Swing Kick* in the first place? Is it that it's a poke attack that can help gain momentum or to finish out a hand of attacks? I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just wondering why it's in.

Do you find that three copies of Hall of the Warrior God is just enough? It's just my personal preference that makes me think you may want to cut one. I guess I just feel a little uneasy that you're running 13 diffs.

Another thing, not really all that important, Hall of the Warrior God and Eiserne Drossel are 3 diffs. Hall is also a +2H.

mostly to gain momentum and for the +0L but im not totally attached to it

and the Halls are mainly in there to clear cards from the card pool so i can go off earlier i wish there was a foundation that cleared an attack it would be so much better in the deck

But i also feel like i need a terrain in the deck to combat other terrains if im ever in a pinch and need to