Returning players woe

By Ipause4$, in UFS General Discussion

i am a returning player to ufs and have been wondering how has the game changed if any. i used to be heavily into the game buying lots of packs when i could and starters. i wonder are any of the starters that i have (domination) are still legal in tournaments? i have some money set aside and have been deciding on buying a box , but i dont know which one to get that would easily reintroduce me to the game while allowing me to show my friends how good a game this is. i saw some deals on ebay for some boxes at reasonable prices about $20 and i was wondering should i do it?

I think there is still a deal on FFG site for boxes for 25$ and starters for 2$ not sure. But honestly i started playing again in september when they realeased Tekken and the game has become alot more fun and fast paced since i left. Its more aggresively based and less control, Graywars are pretty much a thing of the past, as for ur starters and other cards from Domination they arent playable in a current tournament, but you can in legacy format.

Welcome Back.

Also the sets currently legal are

Quest of Souls

Tekken6

Tower of Souls

ShadowWar

Unfortunately there was a major kicking out of all the older cards because the meta was a huge NPE and was becoming very stale. Right now only 5-point is legal which is the last 4 sets which include, 2 Soulcaliber sets, and the first shadowar and Tekken 6 sets.

You probably picked one of the best times to come back to the game since there isnt much catching up needed to be done now that only 4 sets are legal. The gameplay is still the same pretty much with only a few minor changes, notably things like Throw and Ranged being keywords now and no more foil cards in each sets to cut back on cost.

Im not sure if they are offering it anymore but there was a fight life kit with 2 Booster boxes of the first soul cal set and the shadowar set and some exclusive promos for about 50$ being sold as a promotion i know our store still has like 6 or so left so they might still be available

But most importaintly Welcome back and i hope that your here to stay we love seeing players coming back and just starting the game.

What playgroup are you originally from?

i really never had much of a play group per se unless i count my friends that i introduced to the game. i used to play at a store called nuetral ground in NYC. unfortunately that store is no more so now i play with my friends at there homes when i get a chance. i guess i have alot of legacy cards, its fun trying to put together decks and testing them out against each other, though i do find some foundations annoying (shinobi tradition). i guess that is the game for you. i am happy that there are others that like the game.

Ipause4$ said:

i really never had much of a play group per se unless i count my friends that i introduced to the game. i used to play at a store called nuetral ground in NYC. unfortunately that store is no more so now i play with my friends at there homes when i get a chance. i guess i have alot of legacy cards, its fun trying to put together decks and testing them out against each other, though i do find some foundations annoying (shinobi tradition). i guess that is the game for you. i am happy that there are others that like the game.

Oh yeah newyorks playgroups havent been what they used to be....people having to work and not having time for the game you could probably find a store somewhere around who still plays theres a big pro tour event in rochester sometime next year