villagers in rtl

By Moneseki, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

1. Does villagers prevent line of sight for purpose of spawning?

2. Also, can villagers move to glyph and "glyph out" without waiting next?

3. If hero is target with dark charm, and uses a blast weapon, will it affect the villagers if they are in the blast?(says the villagers can be attacked by monsters, but doesnt mention heroes)

one more thing....can anyone link me to the latest FAQ?

1. Does villagers prevent line of sight for purpose of spawning?

No, per the FAQ villagers are figures.

2. Also, can villagers move to glyph and "glyph out" without waiting next?

No. Road to Legend glyphs aren't activated as movement actions, so the text in the villagers section must be an error.

3. If hero is target with dark charm, and uses a blast weapon, will it affect the villagers if they are in the blast?(says the villagers can be attacked by monsters, but doesnt mention heroes)

Yes, the villager is in trouble. though it specifically mentions being attacked by monsters, they are not given any specific immunities, so are treated as any other figure when determining the outcome of attacks. Any heroes with area of effect weapons should unequip them at the end of the turn unless all available Dark Charms are in the graveyard.

Latest FAQ

Villagers are immune to traps, but I would argue that the attack from Dark Charm shouldn't have the Trap keyword, since the trap is "being forced to attack", while the attack is pretty much a regular attack with regular attack rules.

Thanks, especially James for responding that fast. We are still not sure how to handle villagers when they are to leave a dungeon though. Yesterday I let the heroplayers move them out for 1 movementpoint(as per vanilla descent). Nonetheless we had a great gamingsession, which after all is the most important.

Road to Legend glyphs don't use the "1 movement point = leave" rule. The villagers have to use them just like anyone else, despite the misleading text in the description.

Moneseki said:

Thanks, especially James for responding that fast. We are still not sure how to handle villagers when they are to leave a dungeon though. Yesterday I let the hero players move them out for 1 movement point(as per vanilla descent). Nonetheless we had a great gamingsession, which after all is the most important.

I agree with James that villagers should need to wait before glyphing out, per rules. However, in my experience as OL it is extremely easy to kill the villagers once they become valid targets, and doing so usually causes the scenario to fail for the heroes (even if it doesn't end the campaign). I don't think it would game breaking to let villagers escape easier, considering how vital and how squishy they are.

When we played it we didn't have the errata that said villagers were figures, and so didn't know they didn't block LOS for spawning. We did decide that the cells counted as unrevealed areas and so couldn't be spawned in. The heroes won the scenario readily despite that. All it takes it careful covering of the paths to the villagers and the spawn points near them.