SWR in Terrinoth (or elsewhere)

By stephenhope, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

Loving your new SW: Rebellion game, and I think it would be the great foundation for a 2p wargame in a fantasy world. Is there any possibility of creating such a game for Terrinoth, or (much less likely, not sure of licensing) Westeros? I think the "worker placement" mechanism and mission deck is a really good way to streamline a big/epic wargame in a SF/Fantasy universe.

Loving your new SW: Rebellion game, and I think it would be the great foundation for a 2p wargame in a fantasy world. Is there any possibility of creating such a game for Terrinoth, or (much less likely, not sure of licensing) Westeros? I think the "worker placement" mechanism and mission deck is a really good way to streamline a big/epic wargame in a SF/Fantasy universe.

What's wrong with Runewars? It plays great with 2 players.

Yeah, Runewars is great.

I didn't like Runewars very much--the interaction between characters and armies was weird/disappointing/almost non-existent, though I guess they've fixed that in updates? And the combat system was a bit overwrought to my mind. Overall there was just too much layering in of Euro mechanisms for my taste. SWR is a much cleaner game that focuses on the good stuff, to me.

I also think these games are far better as 2-player wargames, rather than multiplayer games which become diplomacy-fests. In a 2-player game it's a lot easier to balance for assymetrical powers and make really interesting strategic/tactical situations for the players to grapple with.

Edited by stephenhope