Suggested House Rules?

By mthebro, in Star Wars: Rebellion

After playing about 10-15 games over the course of a couple months (my playgroup is addicted to this game) we have instituted one house rule. General consensus is that while the game is very well balanced, it does appear that the Rebels have a pretty decent advantage. So, we made a minor tweak concerning starting systems. Instead of requiring that the Empire's first two drawn systems be subjugated, we have changed it so that the Empire pulls 5 systems, then picks which three will be loyal and which two will be subjugated. Then the Rebellion gets dealt there starting three. Seems like a fair balance tweak, as the chosen systems might have dropped that way anyway, this way the Empire gets a little bit of a hand but the game is not changed in any significant way.

Anyway, wanted to offer up the suggestion and see if anyone else has done similar or has any other suggestions.

I play with the AT-AT counting as 2 units for transport purposes. It's more realistic and based on what is directly shown in SW Rebels (the assault carrier could only carry 2 AT-ATs).

I'm also toying with the idea of hyperspace. Either player takes hyperspace eligible units, takes them off the board for 1-2 turns, writes down the destination but the other player can't see it, and then they are placed during the refresh phase at the destination (which can be across the board). Adds an interesting surprise element! But I can't decide if it should be for 1 or 2 turns "traveling."