A Few More Questions

By Rick IsLitFam, in Rules Questions

Hello everyone,

First, please allow me to say thank you for all of the help. As a new player, you guys have helped me expand my knowledge concerning some confusing questions. That being said, just a few more for today:

-A big debate the other night, can a player choose to do a reaction or interrupt if it is not a Forced Reaction? For example, Core Arya Stark enters play, can I choose to not put a card face down on her? If I have an extra Arya in my hand, I may not want to do so to risk losing a high level card. Also, Viserys Targaryen, can I choose not to discard an attachment when he leaves play?

-Looking Ahead: The Kings Of Winter Agenda states that it reduces an opponent's reserve by 1. Then, the plot Wraiths In Their Midst states it lowers an opponent's reserve by 2 to a minimum of 2. If an opponent has a plot with a reserve of 4, I am playing Kings Of Winter, reduce by 1, then I play Wraiths In Their Midst, would it reduce it down to 1 or 2?

-By kneeling Old Nan during the plot phase, it allows her to "Add a Summer or Winter" to each plot. If an opponent plays a "Summer" plot, and I choose to add "Winter" with Old Nan, does my opponent's plot still retain its "Summer" and just happen to be a "Summer/Winter" plot? Or does adding winter cancel out the summer plot and it now becomes a winter plot?

Again, thanks so much for your help!

Hello everyone,

First, please allow me to say thank you for all of the help. As a new player, you guys have helped me expand my knowledge concerning some confusing questions. That being said, just a few more for today:

-A big debate the other night, can a player choose to do a reaction or interrupt if it is not a Forced Reaction? For example, Core Arya Stark enters play, can I choose to not put a card face down on her? If I have an extra Arya in my hand, I may not want to do so to risk losing a high level card. Also, Viserys Targaryen, can I choose not to discard an attachment when he leaves play?

-Looking Ahead: The Kings Of Winter Agenda states that it reduces an opponent's reserve by 1. Then, the plot Wraiths In Their Midst states it lowers an opponent's reserve by 2 to a minimum of 2. If an opponent has a plot with a reserve of 4, I am playing Kings Of Winter, reduce by 1, then I play Wraiths In Their Midst, would it reduce it down to 1 or 2?

-By kneeling Old Nan during the plot phase, it allows her to "Add a Summer or Winter" to each plot. If an opponent plays a "Summer" plot, and I choose to add "Winter" with Old Nan, does my opponent's plot still retain its "Summer" and just happen to be a "Summer/Winter" plot? Or does adding winter cancel out the summer plot and it now becomes a winter plot?

Again, thanks so much for your help!

- You are not compelled to use the Reaction or Interrupt of a card that is not also Forced.

- Not sure

- Summer/Winter; Old Nan doesn't remove any existing season.

#2: It would reduce to 2. You have to remember that all quantities are always calculated from scratch adding up all applicable modifiers. So there is no "order" to the two modifiers, meaning that there is no way that the "to a minimum of 2" can apply before (or after) the agenda. The modifiers are always applied together, and so the "to a minimum of 2" applies to the end result of all modifiers, not to the application of just one of the modifiers.