An official announcement is coming.

By Kelleth, in Hollow Bastion

Hey, everyone. I know some people on these forums have complained about the apparent lack of communication from FFG about Kingdom Hearts.

Though I have not lately posted to the forums as some of our more vocal associates have, I was concerned about this, too. I did email Jaffer Batica, and he replied a couple days later. The only information he was really able to give me was that he is "not at liberty to say anything at the moment except that we will be making a full and detailed announcement in January regarding the future of the Kingdom Hearts TCG."

I understand that the folks at FFG do have certain restrictions on what they can and cannot say about upcoming products. It is encouraging to me that we now have a definite light at the end of the proverbial tunnel regarding our game. View this news as you wish; I'm sure there will be plenty more speculation as to what the announcement will be. But I for one will look forward to January and remain optimistic about the potential for this game to shine!

Best Holiday wishes to everyone!

- Oathkeeper

A glimmer of hope is better than no hope at all. I'm pretty sure they'll be announcing either the final set, or declaring that they are giving up on the game, and shutting it completely down. I'm hoping for the first one.

Ah...so you must be this mysterious "Keith" Jaffer mentioned in the email, lol.

Your lucky, you only had to wait two days...I emailed him a month ago about this...but I do understand the proverbial red tape it takes to even send a vague email about things, so it's all good.

I, unfortunately, am going to remain pessamistic about this though. FFG has given us no reason to believe they're going to support this game, let alone start supporting it right out of the blue with no warning. I think the announcement is going to be "Here's the rest of the Japanese Cards, now bugger off and leave us alone ya whiney fanboys!"

Don't get me wrong, part of me still wants to see this game thrive, and maybe I'm just beaten down and jaded by the past. While this post may not sound like it, I will be more than excited if FFG finally gets its act together and rallies behind this game, I'll be the first on the bandwagon lining up to start weekly tournaments at my local gameshop! Till then...I guess I gotta say...I'll believe it when I see it.

~Mr. Dawn

For some reason, the way that it was put in teh e-mail makes me think that it won't be good. So I agree with Mr.Dawn, in that they'll probly release the last set, and be done with the game. I know it is a sad thought and I don't like it, but something tells me that that is gonna be it for this game.

¬¬

"Only accepting e-mails from yourself and Brett" my arse.

I feel somewhat cheated.

However, I am still in a foul mood so I presume it's just that looking for a way to vent.

Hope is the last man standing.........

WayToTheDawn said:

Your lucky, you only had to wait two days...I emailed him a month ago about this...but I do understand the proverbial red tape it takes to even send a vague email about things, so it's all good.

I, unfortunately, am going to remain pessamistic about this though. FFG has given us no reason to believe they're going to support this game, let alone start supporting it right out of the blue with no warning. I think the announcement is going to be "Here's the rest of the Japanese Cards, now bugger off and leave us alone ya whiney fanboys!"

Don't get me wrong, part of me still wants to see this game thrive, and maybe I'm just beaten down and jaded by the past. While this post may not sound like it, I will be more than excited if FFG finally gets its act together and rallies behind this game, I'll be the first on the bandwagon lining up to start weekly tournaments at my local gameshop! Till then...I guess I gotta say...I'll believe it when I see it.

~Mr. Dawn

Seconded

-Roxas

WayToTheDawn said:

~Mr. Dawn

Third-ed

I definitely have high hopes, but the same low expectations

devilmonkey said:

WayToTheDawn said:

~Mr. Dawn

Third-ed

I definitely have high hopes, but the same low expectations

I have to agree, this is probably the end of it =___=

Whatever this announcement is, the community needs it. It'll probably generate a lot of activity.

It was posted along the ufs forum. both game no longer printed. for real.

its dead. cadaverific i say.

Admiral Ren said:

It was posted along the ufs forum. both game no longer printed. for real.

its dead. cadaverific i say.

To echo what Ad. Ren stated, go here:

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

Best of luck, ya'll.

WeirdUsername said:

Whatever this announcement is, the community needs it. It'll probably generate a lot of activity.

Irony...

ill be glad just to see a last set, and have done with all this. it has been far too long a wait for word of any sort. I do wonder if they consider it worth their time to slap the final set on the end (i saw the japanese final form once and vomited in excitement)

*sits in the hopes of a deck full of forms and a few more org members

Apparently you haven't gotten the message. FFG dropped this game officially. That means all current production has permanantly halted, and all planned products are canceled. No new cards, no new sets, no nothing. They are still selling their current stock though, so get it while it's there. And apparently they're doing a free promo giveaway for the promo's they didn't get to officially release

Are people really going to pay $100 for a box of the old sets? I would buy more if they were $10 like during the holiday sales, but sadly not likely.

*weeps for the colossally useless form cards he will never see