Wow...lizardman is a beast

By Smazzurco, in UFS General Discussion

So i threw together a lizardman deck to try this weekend...he did a lot better than i anticipated.

My opponents had to usually either drop 2 foundations before he could attack, or make his attack HUGE, because once he attacked i would usually make him drop his whole hand. Enemies now friends is dumb in lizardman. As is most of Nina's support.

One of my 2nd turn cardpools was: Wipe the Floor, Spinning Demon, Lizardman Action, Lizardman Santana Attack (one that has combo(action)), Spinning Demon

Wipe was blocked, other 3 hit for 13dmg total. My opponent attacked me next turn and i used lizardman to hit him with a multipled out spinning demon....

Multiple enemies now friends allows you to throw out 12 damage spinning demons.

One thing i found was that Rolling Revenge was not really needed. It was VERY rare for my opponent to have any cards in hand when i played it. I did one time do a Wipe the Floor, Spinning Demon + multiple, Rolling Revenge, Lizardman Action, Santana Attack, Spinning Demon + multiple (had body of souls to grab the last SD) and in theory the Rolling Revenge would of had a discard of 4, but the opponent had only 1 card in hand at that point.

So, let's discuss the low blowing scaly skinned beast that is lizardman

EDIT: Lizardman "santana" attack...i meant lower celtis...

Lizardman is bonkers.....

I think he is a top tier character in casual play but the fact that he is so demolished by anti discard makes me question his value in the competitive scene.... although there are no guarantees people will even run anti discard.

NintendoMan said:

I think he is a top tier character in casual play but the fact that he is so demolished by anti discard makes me question his value in the competitive scene.... although there are no guarantees people will even run anti discard.

Ya i don't see him being top tier, but really the most common anti discard being ran that i see is gut drill. I WANT you to play a gut drill for free. That way i get to hit you with a Spinning Demon off your first attack, multiple it out, then play a Rolling Revenge off your gut drill. And your hand is empty. I reduce dmg with enemies now friends, take a little damage, you also take some damage, and next turn your hand is empty.

I was in total agreement with you, especially since i saw kisheri get wrecked by anti discard. But lizardman is more beefy than kisquishee and he really surprised me in playtesting.

Definately void is the way to go. I was thinking of splashing some evil...but dualing would be difficult.

NintendoMan said:

Yeah but even iof they do they will just use it up on thier own turn then when your turn comes around you kill them. Anti Discard hurts a lot less on your opponents turn especially gut drill as it could potentially ruin thier own combos and it doesn't get the stun.

Ya biggest "problem" i faced was Ancient Fighting Style. And using a few ka techniques on my opponents attack took care of that.

I'm personally going for a "I don't care who's turn it is I will face smash you" build. Granted, Rolling Revenge might not be needed, but any attack that has more damage than difficulty and combos with itself is welcome in my book.

Smazzurco said:

Ya biggest "problem" i faced was Ancient Fighting Style. And using a few ka techniques on my opponents attack took care of that.

MAC also helps. So what does your Attack lineup look like?

Sol Badguy said:

Smazzurco said:

MAC also helps. So what does your Attack lineup look like?

shoot me an email at salvador (dot) mazzurco (at) gmail (dot) com

Rolling Revenge packs 5 damage for 4 diff, and deeply punishes those who hesitate on overextending for fear of discard. Lower Celtis is cool, but it also isn't a low attack =/

MarcoPulleaux said:

Rolling Revenge packs 5 damage for 4 diff, and deeply punishes those who hesitate on overextending for fear of discard. Lower Celtis is cool, but it also isn't a low attack =/

I use Lower Celtis in a Nightmare build off Evil. It's surprisingly efficient provided you play your Es in order. The bigger problem is to find a Evil Action with a F on it that's not Soul Wave *.

Homme Chapeau said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

I use Lower Celtis in a Nightmare build off Evil. It's surprisingly efficient provided you play your Es in order. The bigger problem is to find a Evil Action with a F on it that's not Soul Wave *.

Unnatural Grace lawl at +7 to your next check XD

Agreed. While Crawling Stance is nifty if you're running Low attacks, in Evil, your best bet is probably Unnatural Grace. Evil is very slowly getting there, but it is, and I think Nightmare will see more play later on when he can certainly out-build the opponent quicker than he already does.

Regarding Soul Wave...it doesn't scare me at all in lizardman, unlike in kisheri where it made me, as well as baby jesus, cry.

Ok you commit my whole board...but it's your turn....and you have no cards in hand....can i go now?

I have always been a control player, and beyond that a combo player (last time i played magic was mirrodin block and i ran a mind's desire deck), and in NewFS i have been having fun playing aggro because realistically any viable deck was at least some form of aggro. I think lizardman is the current control deck out there.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Agreed. While Crawling Stance is nifty if you're running Low attacks, in Evil, your best bet is probably Unnatural Grace. Evil is very slowly getting there, but it is, and I think Nightmare will see more play later on when he can certainly out-build the opponent quicker than he already does.

Bryan Fury* off Evil tossing Lion Slayer 's and Upper Claw 's for cringe-inducing damage is Evil 's frontman if you ask me.

Sol Badguy said:

Unnatural Grace lawl at +7 to your next check XD

Crap now I have to find those.

LordAggro said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Bryan Fury* off Evil tossing Lion Slayer 's and Upper Claw 's for cringe-inducing damage is Evil 's frontman if you ask me.

That, and you can pop Need to Destroy to get a free replacement foundation, meanwhile G-Corp Leader returns that same Need to Destroy to the hand.

But hey, remember, LOLBRYAN'SBESTSYMBOLISFIRELOL!

Not when a Ragnar** deck packing Unstoppable Warrior does the same thing he does, in addition to having another damage-boosting E , it isn't.

...But back on topic.

Yeah, Lizardman* looks pretty nasty. I like using Cervantes* 's stuff to offset the 2 checks on some of the Low attacks, Ivy* 's Genius Alchemist to not worry about my progressive diff piling up, and a dash of King* to make those Throw attacks really sting.