Night's Watch Fealty mono-faction

By Grey J, in Deck Building

I've been tinkering around with the recommendations given by defensiveian over at BGG. So far every deck that is available to my gaming group follows the below guidelines:

"Plot Deck: Includes 7 unique plots, with a total gold sum of around 32.
Player Deck: 60 cards, including 33 Characters, 15 Location and 12 Attachments and Events.

33 Characters includes 3x 1-Cost Reducers, 6x Chars costing 6+ Gold, 9x Chars costing 4 or 5 Gold, 15x Chars costing 3 or less Gold."

I like most of his deck recommendations and I find that curve to be good, not just for setup (I'm often able to play 4 cards from hand) but also throughout the game. I'm trying to beef up the Watch a bit however, especially on a few key cards (the ones with "(X?)"). Cards like Benjen, Littlefinger and Ranging Party all work to add strength, I guess I'm just not sure at what point is 3 too many copies or 2 not enough. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

[7g] 3x Old Bear Mormont

[6g] 2x Ser Alliser Thorne
[5g] 2x Wildling Horde

[5g] 1(2?)x Littlefinger
[5g] 3(2?)x Benjen Stark
[4g] 3(2?)x Ranging Party
[4g] 2x Will
[3g] 2x Ser Waymar Royce
[3g] 2x Maester Aemon
[3g] 2x Unsworn Apprentice

[3g] 2x Veteran Builder

[2g] 2x Samwell Tarly

[2g] 2x House Maester

[1g] 2x Messenger Raven

[1g] 3x Steward at the Wall

Locations:
3x Roseroad*
3x Kingsroad*

3x A Meager Contribution†
2x Castle Black
3x The Wall

1x Tourney Grounds

Attachments & Events:
2(1?)x Longclaw
2x Milk of the Poppy
2x The Hand's Judgment
2x Take the Black
2(3?)x Practice Blade
2x The Watcher on the Walls

Edited by Grey J

How often do you get to play Take The Black? That seems like a good candidate to get cut.

Also, what are your plots?

Have you seen Thronesdb.com? There are a few successful NW Fealty decks there you can draw inspiration from.

I would say 34-36 characters is the goal.

Don't conflate events and attachments--attachments can be played on setup, events are dead draws at the start of the game.

I would say 34-36 characters is the goal.

Don't conflate events and attachments--attachments can be played on setup ...

Attachments that you play on your opponent don't count either.