Phooey! A pox on thee!

By Desslok, in The Force Awakens Beginner Game

Damnit! And here I thought I was FINALLY done buying all the beginner sets! I need no more dice!

And here you go, suckering me into buying another one. **** your eyes, FFG!

Hey.. They may just slip the Abednedo species stats in the box..

I'm actually looking for another dice set. We have all the players role their force die at the same time when we start the session.

Damnit! And here I thought I was FINALLY done buying all the beginner sets! I need no more dice!

And here you go, suckering me into buying another one. **** your eyes, FFG!

They're going to put it in a crappy box to help curb your enthusiasm :)

But will the next news release show us one side of the map being released with this?

Will it be based on that corvette being buried underground like most of the ships that crashed on Jakku?

And will they retain the downloadable adventure to follow on with this game and the extra characters like the other sets had?

While I'm glad they are moving away from the tired, overexposed Rebellion era, I won't be buying this set. A sourcebook would be nice but a generic adventure set on Jakku that's totally unrelated to the events of the movies doesn't hold any interest for me.

I won't mind getting more dice, as a whole bunch of mine were "borrowed but not returned" when I was running games at the FLGS a while back. Shop owner said he'd give me a couple of dice packs pretty much for free... but then there was the packaging issue with Imperial Assault dice replacing certain dice.

but then there was the packaging issue with Imperial Assault dice replacing certain dice.

DId anyone ever get replacements for these? Asmodee never responded to my request.

but then there was the packaging issue with Imperial Assault dice replacing certain dice.

DId anyone ever get replacements for these? Asmodee never responded to my request.

I did actually. Asmodee took a long time responding to the request, though. Which is unfortunate since I have heard nothing but great things about FFG's customer service prior to my experience. I'm not sure if that's a fault of Asmodee, or a something else.

Did you guys go through Asmodee or did you send a mail to [email protected]? When I had to get a replacement, I got a pretty quick turnaround and a replacement piece within a week.

Did you guys go through Asmodee or did you send a mail to [email protected]? When I had to get a replacement, I got a pretty quick turnaround and a replacement piece within a week.

The customer service parts/replacement link they provided sent me to an Asmodee survey/support request.

I had the same experience.

I've been waiting two weeks to hear from them about the dice. I hope they get back to me soon, I'll be running my first session next week! I have two other sets, but it would be annoying if a dice pool was short a set back die or two.

I'm trying to remember if my replacement Yellow Die was before or after FFG was bought by those French guys. Because my experience doesn't jibe at all with what you guys are seeing. I had a quick turnaround, got my die straight away and then got a replacement for that replacement when the first one came loose and got lost in the mail in pretty short order.

I wonder if the buyout changed the work flow?

Edited by Desslok

I'm trying to remember if my replacement Yellow Die was before or after FFG was bought by those French guys. Because my experience doesn't jibe at all with what you guys are seeing. I had a quick turnaround, got my die straight away and then got a replacement for that replacement when the first one came loose and got lost in the mail in pretty short order.

It's entirely possible.

Whether it's for better for worse, that I can't say.

I know it changed their dealer requirements. A friend (and member of one of my gaming groups) has a side business selling trading cards and such online. Before the buyout, he had a dealer account and could order the books. As of April 1, though, he would be required to have a brick and mortar store to order.