Deep Realms Question

By talicat, in Talisman Rules Questions

How do Objects and Treasures get into the Rat's Nest, Throne Room?

Before you begin the game, three random treasure cards (Dungeon Expansion) are placed on the Throne Room space and 2 random cards each from the Armoury and Magic Emporium (City Expansion) are placed on the Rat's Nest space.

If a character is defeated by the Rat Queen, he ditches an object there at random.

If a character is defeated by the Wraith Lord, he places a random treasure card from the treasure deck there.

Edited by Lorinor

Ok. Gotcha. Another question: One cannot go from Rat Run to Skull Passage and vice versa, right? Same with Throne Room and Rat's Nest?

The Throne Room and the Rat's Nest have no connection, yes.

Rat Run and Skull Passage, however, are connected. They form a bridge between City and Dungeon, so you can get from one region to the other faster.

When you encounter one of those spaces, you draw two cards from the bridge deck, add them to the space and encounter them.

On your next turn, if you chose to press on, let's say you were on Skull Passage, you move to Rat Run and repeat the encountering process.

After that, you'd choose to escape (a turn after the encounter on Rat Run) and roll the die as normal for your move to enter the city.

That works vice versa and you also have the option to escape after you've had your encounter on the first space, on the turn after.

(Back to the region you came from.)

So you are basically forced to encounter at least 4 cards if you want to get from the City to the Dungeon or the other way around.

[if you want to see how it connects to the board, there's a picture in this thread:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/218898-the-deep-realms/]

Edited by Lorinor

Ok, thanks! Which cards do I leave on the space (Rat Run/Skull Passage)? Just Events, Places and Strangers right? The usual?

None, actually. At the end of your turn on one of those spaces, you shuffle any cards remaining on that space back into the bridge deck.

(That's a special rule for this expansion only.)

Ok, thanks! Which cards do I leave on the space (Rat Run/Skull Passage)? Just Events, Places and Strangers right? The usual?

Do you have the expansion? The rules are on the website and pretty straight-forward: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/talisman/

Do you have the expansion? The rules are on the website and pretty straight-forward: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/talisman/

Beg to differ. Since they are quite different from the usual rules, I had a hard time getting my head around them at first, too. ;)

Beg to differ. Since they are quite different from the usual rules, I had a hard time getting my head around them at first, too. ;)

Thanks! It's nice to know I am not the only one who is having difficulty with this expansion. :) I think part of what's throwing me off is I am playing a solo game. Not only that, due to space constraints, I am having to put the Deep Realms cards on another surface away from the Dungeon and City boards.