Would love to play this online

By chriscook, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Anyone going to make a vassal version?

Yeah, an iOS version of this game would be soooooo, sooooooo sweet.

You should look at Tabletop Simulator on Steam, it's a physics engine that lets you reproduce any board or card game that people make mods for. There is already a mod up for Rebellion, and it plays very well.

That's not going to happen. Not only because I think the game is too complicated for a mobile app, but because I'm fairly certain FFG lacks both the license and the inclination for developing electronic apps.

That's not going to happen. Not only because I think the game is too complicated for a mobile app, but because I'm fairly certain FFG lacks both the license and the inclination for developing electronic apps.

While you're probably dead-on for the second part (that FFG doesn't have the license to make digital versions of their SW games), I think the game could definitely be made into an awesome iOS port.

The different hands of cards could be handled exactly like the different hands in the Lords of Waterdeep iOS version, and so much of the info of the game could be integrated so that it is actually more intuitive than even the tabletop version. For example, all the probe cards you've drawn as the Imperial player could automatically grey-out those systems. All the Imperial and Rebel forces in each system could be represented by tiny icons for each unit type with a 'number' in the corner to show how many of those units there are in the space and so on.

The only thing that really kills digital boardgame conversions IMHO are mechanics where one player gets to interrupt another player, and there doesn't seem to be any of that in this game that I can think of off the top of my head. So the biggest pain would be resolving battles really, because you'd have to pass back and fort between players between each round of a space battle and again for each round of a ground battle. So that's certainly a little less than ideal.

But especially for human vs. AI or for just local pass-and-play I think the game could be amazing as a digital conversion.

Then you should consider the PC game that inspired it. It's only $2.99 for the next week.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/441550/

Edited by KoalaXav

Better yet, one on a proper mobile Operating System ;-)

Then you should consider the PC game that inspired it. It's only $2.99 for the next week. http://store.steampowered.com/app/441550/

Great game if you can overlook the graphics. Still worth $2.99.

nope, I don't even like Vassal or Octgon. Table Top Simulator looks nice but I can see it being way too easy of a target for C&D orders.