Runebound LCG?

By Supertoe, in Living Card Games

Do you think a Runebound LCG would be a good idea? There is already six factions, so getting the factions set isn't that hard. Plus it would be sooooooo cool

Well the down side is FFG has said they can't support (properly) any more LCGs then they have now that L5R gas been added. Warhammer was dropped for Conquest and COC went dark for L5R. What would you have go away to bring in Runebound?

That said, Yes, Runebound is a great bit of fluff. Would the LCG be joust or melee?

I don't know, I feel like Conquest will end prematurely, and I'd love it if Star Wars ended to be replaced by Runebound. Star Wars LCG is the only one I don't see any merit in. I personally didn't like thrones and Cthulhu, but I can see why other people would like them. But SW is just not nearly as good.

Star Wars is a stronger IP than Runebound.

I play AGoT and Conquest the most, dabble in Netrunner, and collect Star Wars to play with my 10 year old Nephew who only plays Star Wars LCG. I'm not a huge fan of Cthulhu mythos and, while I would love more co-op or melee, the LotR LCG is just to big for me to start now. I am truly looking forward to L5R and hope there is a melee version of that game as well.

I remember how excited my playgroup was when War of Honor hot our shelves (little knowing at the time the total dearth of support it would receive). I do feel it improved the multiplayer experience, but I also believe FFG can do even better, as they've shown with their great improvements to that of AGoT.

I suppose if they wanted to be as unimaginative as possible they could reflavor the titles from

the Small Council to the Emperor's Chosen:

Crown Regent → Imperial Advisor

Hand of the King → Imperial Chancellor

Master of Ships → Shogun

Master of Coin → Imperial Treasurer

Master of Whispers → Imperial Herald

Master of Laws → Voice of the Emperor

I doubt they'll do something this obvious, but it could be interesting. But yeah, I'm definitely itching for another multiplayer LCG.

Do you think a Runebound LCG would be a good idea? There is already six factions, so getting the factions set isn't that hard. Plus it would be sooooooo cool

What are the six factions of Terrinoth? I've only played Runebound 2nd ed, I'm picking up 3rd ed and I have Descent 1 and 2. I honestly don't know. I also can't think of how an LCG would be better than either of those games.....It's a good idea for FFG though considering it's another game they don't have to pay a license for and they seem to be (wisely) turning hard in that direction.

Edited by xodarap

The six factions are more Runewars/Rune Age than Runebound, since the Battlemist stuff got ported into the Terrinoth setting back in the day. At any rate, they're the Daqan Lords (humans), Latari Elves, Waiqar the Undying (zombies), Dwarves of Dunwarr, Uthuk Yllan (chaos demons) and Orcs of the Broken Plain. Battlemist also had a couple of other factions in there apparently - Loth K'har barbarians is the only one I can think of though, but anyway.

I'd also love to see a Runebound LCG, as I love the setting and always felt that more could have been done with Rune Age. I imagine that FFG only has room for one medieval fantasy style game in the roster though, and Game of Thrones is probably much higher on their agenda than Terrinoth. But I get the feeling that they'll be giving us other games set in that universe now that we have the Runewars miniatures game coming out, and they've let the GW licence drop...

On 5/1/2016 at 4:55 PM, Toenail said:

I'd love one! Maybe it could reuse some rules from conquest.

that would be too much LCG at one time. We already have LOTR, AH LCG, Game of Thrones, new one that is coming....

I would love it but in couple of years :)

On 3/20/2017 at 10:31 AM, AleksDj said:

that would be too much LCG at one time. We already have LOTR, AH LCG, Game of Thrones, new one that is coming....

I would love it but in couple of years :)

We've had more before. Different strokes for different folks. I can see a Runebound one happening with their renewed focus on the IP. It is their own IP afterall.

10 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

We've had more before. Different strokes for different folks. I can see a Runebound one happening with their renewed focus on the IP. It is their own IP afterall.

well i guess TLOTR is soon to be completed, so i guess after TLOTR they can go to runebound... or Star Wars 2nd edition that would be cooperative

We do not need another co-op that is for sure. and I don't see LotR ending yet.

I think there is a bigger market for Co-op. It is basically a customizable board game. It is less likely to steal the market than another competitive lcg.

There has been some talk of LotR ending soon. It has been out for a while and may be ending its lifetime. I could see a Star Wars LCG going co-op even if LotR doesn't end.

As I am. IMO, too late to start LoTR and not interested in the Arkham IP that another co-op LCG would, at least, get my attention. What I would like is more Melee play like in AGoT. A melee mode in L5R might work.