The Game Components

By talicat, in Talisman

This may seem like a weird question but does anyone ever just take out the cards (or characters or whichever) and just play around with them? I don't mean actually playing the game, I mean perhaps sorting them by Expansion for example? What fun things do you do with the game components when you're not able to play, but really want something "Talisman". I guess I like taking the cards out because the pics are so beauty.

I love occasionally taking out the Adventure deck and pulling out one of the 500+ Advebture cards and seeing what I end up with (Today it was the Astrolabe). I also love looking at the four Adventure decks for the corner boards, especially the Woodland because I love the artwork. I also look at the Character cards and make comparisons to each character.

I just enjoy painting the character models according to the colours presented on the character sheets.

I love occasionally taking out the Adventure deck and pulling out one of the 500+ Advebture cards and seeing what I end up with (Today it was the Astrolabe). I also love looking at the four Adventure decks for the corner boards, especially the Woodland because I love the artwork. I also look at the Character cards and make comparisons to each character.

That's just what I like to do too. What interesting things have you noticed in your character comparisons? One thing I noticed that one of the expansions (I'll have to look in my notes, as I can't remember just now) has no good characters at all.