Cheat sheet?

By Baxie, in Star Wars: Rebellion

A friend of mine printed some "cheat sheets", where you can mark the places you have had your forces visit, and the probe-cards you've drawn. Nicely printed and laminated, so it can be wiped clean and everything.

But... is this considered helping or cheating?

The devs actually responded to this already and said they have no issue with anyone using cheat sheets to track stuff or taking notes.

The devs actually responded to this already and said they have no issue with anyone using cheat sheets to track stuff or taking notes.

Where was this? Got a link?

In the spirit of good sportsmanship, I'd say whatever agreement works between the two players. I'd also say that a good sport would allow such a memory aide. Part of the fun of Rebellion is playing mind-games with your opponent, but winning because of their bad memory isn't much fun. I always want to play my opponent at their best.

played seven games, neither I nor opponent has ever needed a player aid nor used a player aid nor even though we needed a player aid.

I just asked my opponent to leave the room. :D

In the spirit of good sportsmanship, I'd say whatever agreement works between the two players. I'd also say that a good sport would allow such a memory aide. Part of the fun of Rebellion is playing mind-games with your opponent, but winning because of their bad memory isn't much fun. I always want to play my opponent at their best.

The memory aid speeds up the game and that's a good thing. This game is not very fun if one or both players are constantly "thinking" about what to do next. ANYTHING that keeps the pace up is a welcome addition.