Leaders' Bases

By Amanal, in Star Wars: Rebellion

I find that I just can't see the difference between my Rebel Leaders and my Imperial Leaders easily, as such I am thinking of either painting the insides of the plastic bases red and green or trying to use a coloured air-dry clay.

Any thoughts, experiences or suggestions?

Quite a few people paint either the inside or even the outside of their x-wing bases, which are the same material. Works great.

I picked up some Liquidex Pouring Medium and plan to just add in some red/green GW Paints.

My main concern is paint often just goes "funny" when painted directly to hard flat plastic.

That could be mould release agents messing with the paint, since the surface is not meant to be painted they won't take it off. Give them a good scrub in detergent laden water, and let then dry and you might find a better binding. Or lightly sand the surface with T-cut or similar to let the paint bind, perhaps.

The top corners are different. One side has sharp edges while the other has rounded. Not sure if you noticed that or not. Coloring the bases works well also.

Mate, missed that entirely, both my opponent and I.

The pouring medium is drying now and it looks very nice.

The top corners are different. One side has sharp edges while the other has rounded. Not sure if you noticed that or not. Coloring the bases works well also.

Nice catch, never noticed it before.

Wow. Did ANYONE, other than Tickles, catch that one?

I noticed it when punching them out of the cardboard sheets, but don't find it all that useful for distinguishing them in play. Leaders get set up at different angles and what not. I could see how colored bases might make it easier though.

rebellion.jpg

Photo of the bases