Lurtz's Total Conversion (FiTG inspired)

By Lurtz, in Star Wars: Rebellion

I have been working on a modification to the ruleset and game of star wars rebellion to better accomodate my own taste and sesibillity. This will not be for everyone.

Basically this new hybrid will be a mix of FiTG (Freedom in the Galaxy) and star wars Rebellion, taking the best features from both to create a game that resembles and can be as deep as FiTG but runs as smoothly and with the same quality visually as Star Wars Rebellion.

The main points objectives will be.

* A more detailed and interesting RPG element, that allows for varied outcomes.

(This will require the characters to retain a physocal location on the board during the game)

* A more detailed battle system

(I do not want to change this into a chit game, i have nice models :) , however more depth especially to make things interesting is required. This will be heavily inspired by the combat system from "forbidden stars" and the largest change will be the complete overhaul of how tactics cards are allocated and played. As well as the cards themselves)

* A change in the long term and short term goals of both factions that will try to fix some of the current issues with the game.

The original BGG thread.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1562045/lurtzs-wip-rebellion-modification

My first prototype came out well.

I did fix the location of the Ties as was suggested, though I did keep the stormies where they are as thats what I feel appropriate.

Very impressed with the Inked mats, the colors are vibrant and the details are well defined.

20160426_183139_zpsiyw6gnha.jpg

20160426_183134_zpsiod5zkij.jpg

20160426_183124_zpsgl4dujqx.jpg

20160426_183120_zpspghgy7ip.jpg

A picture of the mat before its final alteration and printing. Of course the interceptors were moved.

Star%20Wars%20dashboards_zpstuvpianp.jpg

Lots of things still in process right now but I figured id give some previews of what im working on.

Starting with the new planet template.

This is closer to finished than not but I might have some improvements for it. The green shapes on either side are for the loyalty markers and Death Star Respectively. Otherwise the planets were designed with the thought in mind that there may be a few units on them, the environs for instance can accommodate the width of my AT ATs with bases.

planet%20small%20template_zps92g1c2dl.pn

Next up are the new, very important character cards. These will essentially replace teh stands as the major source of info for character abilities and stats. Im pretty happy with them as they are pretty much entirely custom made by me :)

These are not final either just for clarification. The stat circles for instance are place holder. I just finished some custom high quality ones that they will be replaced by

Darth%20Vader_zpszksz8s4h.jpg

Emperor%20Palpatine_zpscb0riffb.jpg

Boba%20Fett_zpsygqy8m7c.jpg

Edited by Lurtz

Sorry, but why?

Because he would like this game was a bit different?

Nothing wrong with that.

The more variants the merrier.

Thats how most expansion for games was born - out of dissatisfacted love.

On 2016. 04. 28. at 10:55 PM, Lurtz said:

I have been working on a modification to the ruleset and game of star wars rebellion to better accomodate my own taste and sesibillity. This will not be for everyone.

Basically this new hybrid will be a mix of FiTG (Freedom in the Galaxy) and star wars Rebellion, taking the best features from both to create a game that resembles and can be as deep as FiTG but runs as smoothly and with the same quality visually as Star Wars Rebellion.

The main points objectives will be.

* A more detailed and interesting RPG element, that allows for varied outcomes.

(This will require the characters to retain a physocal location on the board during the game)

* A more detailed battle system

(I do not want to change this into a chit game, i have nice models :) , however more depth especially to make things interesting is required. This will be heavily inspired by the combat system from "forbidden stars" and the largest change will be the complete overhaul of how tactics cards are allocated and played. As well as the cards themselves)

* A change in the long term and short term goals of both factions that will try to fix some of the current issues with the game.

The original BGG thread.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1562045/lurtzs-wip-rebellion-modification

My first prototype came out well.

I did fix the location of the Ties as was suggested, though I did keep the stormies where they are as thats what I feel appropriate.

Very impressed with the Inked mats, the colors are vibrant and the details are well defined.

20160426_183139_zpsiyw6gnha.jpg

20160426_183134_zpsiod5zkij.jpg

20160426_183124_zpsgl4dujqx.jpg

20160426_183120_zpspghgy7ip.jpg

A picture of the mat before its final alteration and printing. Of course the interceptors were moved.

Star%20Wars%20dashboards_zpstuvpianp.jpg

Lots of things still in process right now but I figured id give some previews of what im working on.

Starting with the new planet template.

This is closer to finished than not but I might have some improvements for it. The green shapes on either side are for the loyalty markers and Death Star Respectively. Otherwise the planets were designed with the thought in mind that there may be a few units on them, the environs for instance can accommodate the width of my AT ATs with bases.

planet%20small%20template_zps92g1c2dl.pn

Next up are the new, very important character cards. These will essentially replace teh stands as the major source of info for character abilities and stats. Im pretty happy with them as they are pretty much entirely custom made by me :)

These are not final either just for clarification. The stat circles for instance are place holder. I just finished some custom high quality ones that they will be replaced by

Darth%20Vader_zpszksz8s4h.jpg

Emperor%20Palpatine_zpscb0riffb.jpg

Boba%20Fett_zpsygqy8m7c.jpg

The links and photos are not available anymore. Could you share them again? Thanks.