Still Missing Weapon Mechadentrites

By Utherix, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

The Mechadendrite Use (Weapon) describes a wide variety of weaponized mechadendrites, but we're three expansions in and still all we have is the las pistol mechadendrite. What's the deal, yo?

I have gone into the Lathe Worlds book and used a lot of what it had for both weapons and integrated weapons for that.

But I agree, that is really why I would like to see a DH2 Mechanicus book.

~ alemander

I want to see more augmetics in general, not just weapon mechadendrites. Throw them in a player's handbook style product, along with all the other things good Acolytes need to have (or know of, at least).

If you want these things, house rule them

Weapon augment is easy enough, use the Las pistol as a guide and apply common sense

Projectile weapons will be limited in ammo due to no where to put a magazine - energy weapons best because the power pack can be anywhere on the techpriest

Plasma pistol,Las pistol, Las cutter, needler all seem good fits

It's kind of funny: The Utility Mechadendrite (Very Rare/Scarce for Mechanicus) comes with an Combi-tool (Rare), Knife (Plentiful) with Mono (Scarce)

Meanwhile the Ballistic Mechadendrite (Very Rare/Scarce for Mechanicus) comes with only a Laspistol (Common).

I would love to get my hands an a new Mech book, but I fear it would be quite underwhelming. Oddly enough my favorite expansion for tech priest and their gear has actually been the Inquisitors Handbook, lots of fun and interesting stuff in there. Lathe worlds was a good read and had some fun stuff, but overall it was really lacking in content. I was expecting whole chapters of augmentations, cybernetics, gear, implants, familiars and then Tech priest only stuff. What we got was almost three pages of well detailed but fairly 'meh' items. I don't regret buying it and it even has some great story hooks in there too, but for me it was really disappointing.