Base Defense mission

By Soontir, in Star Wars: Rebellion

I was wondering about using the base defense mission card when the Rebel base is blockaded. The card says you gain the installations at the Rebel base, but is gain the same as deploy? With Imperial ships in the system I couldn't deploy units there, however can I "gain" them?

It depends on whether or not the rebel base has been revealed. In this scenario it would only happen voluntarily or if the system is loyal to the Empire.

If the rebel base is not revealed, you place (not deploy) the units on the rebel base square not in the system.

Otherwise, place them in the system. As they are not deployed, the blockade has no effect.

Note: this is not the answer I have initially. I consulted the rulebook and completely changed my mind.

Edited by KoalaXav

KoalaXav I disagree (which is unusual for us):

RR page 11

Revealing the Rebel Base:

"While the base is revealed, units cannot be deployed to or move to the “Rebel Base” space.

- Any leaders or units that would be placed (not deployed) here are instead placed in the system shown on the faceup probe card in the “Rebel Base” space."

"While the base is revealed, any cards that apply to the “Rebel Base” space apply to the base’s system instead. For example, if the Rebel base is currently revealed and the Imperial player reveals the “Gather Intel” mission, he draws probe cards depending on the number of Rebel units in the base’s system."

KoalaXav I disagree (which is unusual for us):

RR page 11

Revealing the Rebel Base:

"While the base is revealed, units cannot be deployed to or move to the “Rebel Base” space.

- Any leaders or units that would be placed (not deployed) here are instead placed in the system shown on the faceup probe card in the “Rebel Base” space."

"While the base is revealed, any cards that apply to the “Rebel Base” space apply to the base’s system instead. For example, if the Rebel base is currently revealed and the Imperial player reveals the “Gather Intel” mission, he draws probe cards depending on the number of Rebel units in the base’s system."

Funny enough I disagree with myself. I was in the process of rewriting my entire post.

Oh yeah, short answer is you can gain the units on the planet that is blockaded.

In my case the base was revealed so anything would have been deployed or gained on the blockaded system, not the "Rebel Base" space.

Yeah. Then we're all on the same page. The units are placed in system irrespective of blockade. Deployment only happens during the refresh phase.

Note: this is not the answer I have initially. I consulted the rulebook and completely changed my mind.

More people should be able to do this, both in gaming and in life. I read something, it contradicted my original thought, so I changed my mind.

Sorry, don't mean to be patronizing, but I deal way too much with people not willing to consider the facts.