Dice caps and number of dice

By Scoundrel, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Ok one last time; how does dice pools in combat get put together and capped? If you have two ties and a sd at a system you would have a dice pool of 3 black and two red, right? Or do you have to chose with the sd if you Roll red or Black, nah? I wouldnt say so. And is the dice cap 5 Per player or 10? Its 5 Per color Per player, right? And what about missions : ) i Think im doing it right but i need to be sure. Thanks!

Ok one last time; how does dice pools in combat get put together and capped? If you have two ties and a sd at a system you would have a dice pool of 3 black and two red, right? Or do you have to chose with the sd if you Roll red or Black, nah? I wouldnt say so. And is the dice cap 5 Per player or 10? Its 5 Per color Per player, right? And what about missions : ) i Think im doing it right but i need to be sure. Thanks!

It sounds like you're doing it right. The dice cap is equal to the number of dice that come in the box - five of each color.

If you have two TIEs and a Star Destroyer, you roll 3 black dice and 2 red dice. However, if you had a Star Destroyer and the Death Star, you would be rolling 5 red dice, even if the numbers would say 2+4=6, because there are only 5 red dice in the box.

The missions are not color specific, so I think your limit is 10 dice.

You are both correct. Missions don't worry about dice colour, so, you can roll up to 10. Combat does, so, it is a cap of 5 per colour. HOWEVER. You cap the dice AFTER you add and modify the dice pool. ie. You bring in a DS, 2 SDs and SSD. Your opponent has 2 ion cannons. You have 11 red dice, (I think, feel free to check my math), minus the 4 for the ion cannons for a total of 7. You now roll 5 red dice, the cap.

As opposed to the same fight, 11 red dice, capped to 5, minus 4 for the ion cannons for a total of 1 red die rolled. This second method is incorrect.

HOWEVER. You cap the dice AFTER you add and modify the dice pool. ie. You bring in a DS, 2 SDs and SSD. Your opponent has 2 ion cannons. You have 11 red dice, (I think, feel free to check my math), minus the 4 for the ion cannons for a total of 7. You now roll 5 red dice, the cap.

This is actually something I've been wondering about myself. Because the ion cannon says you roll two less red dice. Technically, if you're still rolling five dice, you're not rolling less dice. I agree with you in theory, but the wording is an issue. Had they said reduce your red attack strength by 2, I would have no doubt. But they said dice. So I'm unsure what their intention was.

I actually sent them a question about this approximately a week ago and never got an answer.

Yeah, I could see that. Logically, the way I describe it makes sense. And I do believe that is the way they mean it, (other wise, just build ALL the ion cannons on teh rebel base and it is unassailable, from space anyway).

RR page 4 "If an ability reduces the number of dice rolled, this reduction applies before the limit of five dice is applied."

Its definitely what they said.

RR page 4 "If an ability reduces the number of dice rolled, this reduction applies before the limit of five dice is applied."

Its definitely what they said.

Thanks. I accept this.

Thank you Jobu. Does this mean I need to get you flowers on Secretaries Day?