Tournament Rules

By vajzar, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Did FFG release yet tournament rules for Rebellion?

I don't think they'll do Organized Play for SW: Rebellion , the way they've done for some of their other games.

My average game has been 4 hours. Unfortunately that isn't fast enough for tournament play.

a tournament would be interesting for this game I would say 3 rounds with a 3 hour time limit and you could use the time counter as a way to keep score

1 point for a win 0 for a loss

MOV could be 16-(the location of the time marker)

A draw could be 1 point each and the distance between the time marker and the Rebel base would be the MOV or 0 points MOV

NO ID's

the biggest problem is how to police slow play and draws will happen often I think

you could also not have people play just one faction or you could have the problem of what happens is all the rebels win?
I say let the players choose which side they want first, if there is conflict flip a coin for it

any other Ideas

my only back ground for tournaments is X Wing and Armada. Is there a better way to do it?

This was discussed elsewhere. Someone was mentioning they have run TI tournaments. If this is the case I don't see why they couldn't run Rebellion tourneys, (I don't see it being a common thing but it could be a thing).

My college dorm did A&A and RISK tournaments. They were pretty **** fun (and not that hard to dominate as I was the only geek staying in the dorm reserved for the football players).

I bet I could have convinced them to do Rebellion tournaments too.

But as an organized thing in an actual venue, it doesn't seem like a great idea. The games take too long. You'd have to do a single tournament over several weeks, and that might require a type of dedication that would be difficult to find.

a tournament would be interesting for this game I would say 3 rounds with a 3 hour time limit and you could use the time counter as a way to keep score

A draw could be 1 point each and the distance between the time marker and the Rebel base would be the MOV or 0 points MOV

NO ID's

the biggest problem is how to police slow play and draws will happen often I think

you could also not have people play just one faction or you could have the problem of what happens is all the rebels win?

I say let the players choose which side they want first, if there is conflict flip a coin for it

any other Ideas

my only back ground for tournaments is X Wing and Armada. Is there a better way to do it?

In regards to starting factions, it is random from the get go? That way, even if Rebels win every game, it will balance eventually

NO ID's

any other Ideas

In regards to starting factions, it is random from the get go? That way, even if Rebels win every game, it will balance eventually

after match ups in any round if players cant agree flip a coin

I want to give his a try but don't know if many people would want to play rebellion as a tournament