No Mystic

By Thernand, in Talisman Rules Questions

We played a game this weekend with only the base game and the cataclysm. There is no Mystic to encounter on the board so how would one get rid of the Hag? We had a player where they got the Cursed by the Hag. We played it where they could not remove the curse until the Village mystic appeared on the board from the Denizens deck. To make matters worse the mystic was drawn by someone else and it got discarded so the player who got the hag was SOL. We played this correct I think. What do you all think?

Why was the Mystic discarded? When first encountered the Mystic should be moved to the Village and not discarded. Of course there are other reasons cards get discarded; did this happen in your game? If so then I think your cursed friend had some tough luck

You can get rid of the Cursed by the Hag by any other "discard a follower" effect there are a lot of them in game so the loss of the Mystic is annoying yes but not the only way you can get rid of the hag. I don't know why you "played it where they could not remove the curse until the Village mystic appeared on the board from the Denizens deck" because that's not the way its supposed to be played.

Note Page 5 of the cataclysm rules and I Quote " After a character visits a Denizen, that Denizen is discarded unless the trait on its card matches the name of the space the character is on.". I also know there are other ways to rid ones self of the Hag. Also remember we were only playing the Base game and the cataclysm no other expansions or their cards so opportunities to discard a follower are rare and ditching the Hag because you get turned to a toad leaves her on the board for the next person.

Note Page 5 of the cataclysm rules and I Quote " After a character visits a Denizen, that Denizen is discarded unless the trait on its card matches the name of the space the character is on.". I also know there are other ways to rid ones self of the Hag. Also remember we were only playing the Base game and the cataclysm no other expansions or their cards so opportunities to discard a follower are rare and ditching the Hag because you get turned to a toad leaves her on the board for the next person.

Well, for starters, theres the Chasm space, go there and drop the old hag..

About the Mystic denizen card, this one clearly states that it should be moved to the Village instead being discarded so if you visit her anywhere else you just move her to the Village afterwards.

Well, for starters, theres the Chasm space, go there and drop the old hag..

About the Mystic denizen card, this one clearly states that it should be moved to the Village instead being discarded so if you visit her anywhere else you just move her to the Village afterwards.

Ah so your saying it say this on the Mystic denizen card itself. Well then she goes to the Village then.

Good catch! Just read the mystic card and it does move to village instead of discarding it. Yea you can get rid of the Hag at the chasm.

Thanks everyone for the discussion.