How do you turn a ship?

By Guest, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Looking at the SoB rules...my ship can strafe...guess it makes magical sense. I guess it also has a curse that forbids it from making 90 degree turns? Or am I missing something under the movement rules? If ships can't turn...you guys (FFG) need to watch more ship combat documentaries. I mean turning the ship and timing the cannons was the 101 to naval combat. I love the attempt but I will have to wait till a person with the game explains the ship combat setups. This would have made an excellent preview article.

Also I tried playing the quest Into the Dark, Again. I am confused by the monsters grabbing treasures. It states as soon as a hero enters LOS with a Beastman or Skeleton it grabs gold and heads for nearest glyph. Does this mean you interupt the player turn to do this? Or does it mean the Skeletons and Beastmen can't move until a hero spots them? Do newly spawned Beastmen and Skeletons not grab treasure? DO I have to place the coins under the ones that grab treasure?

Another thing I noticed is that the Map Claustophodia has no treachery. Is there a reason for this that I am not seeing. Claustro is the one with the ogre chasing you. Crusher I think is its name.

On a side note. The Hypercube (with the errata) is FUN AS HELL. I would love to see something like that in an MMO. Blizzard should have done that for the multiple Boss waves rather than Colliseum in 3.2 patch. Amazing idea. If it was you Kevin that made the fix, thanks a lot. The Dungeun is not only playable now, but its hard mode for Descent pretty much and you can alter the bosses easily with the errata to make it easier or harder.