Quick question on getting into the game.

By MrP1nk, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Are necrons only available via the new deluxe? And if I were to get into the game would just that and I suppose 3 cores be sufficient if I only wanted to play that faction?

Are necrons only available via the new deluxe? And if I were to get into the game would just that and I suppose 3 cores be sufficient if I only wanted to play that faction?

They enter the game now, with that deluxe pack. And from now on they will be another available faction in the warpacks.

If you just want to play with Necrons you only need that deluxe pack.

As with Tyranids you only need the Necron Deluxe Expansion to make a deck for Necrons, though you would need 1 core set for tokens and the planets and a selection of Neutral and Common Army cards from the other 7 non Necron factions to enslave.

The Death World cycle appears to be a month behind the Necron Deluxe expansion which likely means a steady stream of additional Necron cards over the next 7 months

Edited by Greymere

You would need one core set unless you knew someone who was going to throw you a set of tokens, servo-skull, and planets.

You also need to look at it you were going to use neutral cards such as promotion, void pirates, and rogue traders. And then you would need to look at what cards you would be using for enslavement.

Because Necrons use enslavement from other factions, a majority of the card pool is open to you for deck building, so to 'be the best' you theoretically need the full set of cards released to date (its not quite as insular as the tyranids were at release)

Of course, you can build a deck with just the necron expansion box using the few 'off faction' cards included for the other races, but it won't be very optimal.

Because Necrons use enslavement from other factions, a majority of the card pool is open to you for deck building, so to 'be the best' you theoretically need the full set of cards released to date (its not quite as insular as the tyranids were at release)

Of course, you can build a deck with just the necron expansion box using the few 'off faction' cards included for the other races, but it won't be very optimal.