Troop Transport - Broken?

By TezzasGames, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

How do you deal with Troop Transport?

It has to be one of the strongest cards in the game, to the point of nearly being broken.

The ability to flash in two 2/2 bodies for the cost of a single card is oppressive.

Opinions?

Hello!

I hate to say it but I am usually on the other end of this and I would say that to counter it would be to take some form of support destruction. Also, another type would be to have units that can ambush in. So that when your opponent does pop a Troop Transport, you'd have a unit you can ambush in and strike. (when it's your turn to strike)

Another answer could be to have some type of event AOE or card effect that can exhaust or destroy those tokens. It may seem a little overkill to do these things just to destroy those tokens but the end justifies the means. A.M. can have a strong propensity to keep throwing things into the fight but some of those effects work off of them staying around for a combat round (Forward Barracks, Tarux APC); so cutting that supply line off is key. They also have a great Ranged game but that is a different story...

Lastly, I think that Troop Transport is just a symptom and not really the disease. It seems that it is Worr whom really helps Troop Transport be a nightmare. So, in the few instances where I haven't been Worr and have fought him, I tend to do best when I avoid him at green planets. In the instances where you need to fight for greens planets, make sure that you overcommit to those greens and maybe put the pressure on Worr himself.

If it cost Worr to become bloodied in order for him to win or take the planet from you then that means moving forward all those green planets won't be much help to him. I feel the times where my Worr has been bloodied, my decks strength goes WAY down. I know all of this may be easier said than done but its just about the only strategy that I've had success against him.

Also be aware of the common cards that most A.M. players will use and whom they will ally with. Cards such as the Preemptive Barrage, Suppressive Fire, Captain Markis...etc.

I hope that helps!

Lastly, I think that Troop Transport is just a symptom and not really the disease. It seems that it is Worr whom really helps Troop Transport be a nightmare. So, in the few instances where I haven't been Worr and have fought him, I tend to do best when I avoid him at green planets.

I think it's the opposite. Worr is strong, very strong. I don't have an issue with him being strong. It's the Troop Transport card that pushes his power curve way above everything else in the game.

You can't avoid green planets, there are six of them and most games are going to have at least four of them appear. A passive Troop Transport lets Worr threaten ANY green planet, whenever he wants, just by playing a 0-drop card. It's oppressive. My opinion is that it is broken and needs a nerf. Maybe errats the card to be Deploy Action?

You can't spread thin across green planets because Troop Transport will pick you off where they want to. If you load up on one green planet, you're losing command for the rest of the game and still taking a decent hit from the rest of Worr's deck.

Arrrggghhh!!! When opponent plays Troop Transport Turn 1 and then another on Turn 2... game over man! Game over!

:)

Lastly, I think that Troop Transport is just a symptom and not really the disease. It seems that it is Worr whom really helps Troop Transport be a nightmare. So, in the few instances where I haven't been Worr and have fought him, I tend to do best when I avoid him at green planets.

I think it's the opposite. Worr is strong, very strong. I don't have an issue with him being strong. It's the Troop Transport card that pushes his power curve way above everything else in the game.

You can't avoid green planets, there are six of them and most games are going to have at least four of them appear. A passive Troop Transport lets Worr threaten ANY green planet, whenever he wants, just by playing a 0-drop card. It's oppressive. My opinion is that it is broken and needs a nerf. Maybe errats the card to be Deploy Action?

You can't spread thin across green planets because Troop Transport will pick you off where they want to. If you load up on one green planet, you're losing command for the rest of the game and still taking a decent hit from the rest of Worr's deck.

Arrrggghhh!!! When opponent plays Troop Transport Turn 1 and then another on Turn 2... game over man! Game over!

:)

Yea an errata could be helpful but I don't see FFG doing it. Troop Transport is oppressive but I feel like we have to deal with it. Unless you want to take some form of support destruction, you're just going to have to have the units to destroy theirs I suppose. What do you think?