Armada Regional - Exeter, UK - 11th June 2016

By Lomo, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Kirton Games will be hosting the FFG Organised Play 2016 Exeter Regional for Star Wars Armada, this premier tier event will be taking place on Saturday the 11th June with tickets priced at £15, the event will be taking place in Exeter, Devon, UK.

Tickets: http://kirtongames.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=1115

Date and Venue:
Saturday 11th June at the Whipton Institute, Exeter, EX4 8AW

Format:
400 point skirmish, 135 minute rounds, 3 round swiss dra w.

Saturday Timetable
Games 1 10:00 - 12:15
Lunch 12:15 - 13:15
Game 2 13:15 - 15:00
Game 3 15:30 - 17:45
Award Ceremony 18:00

Prizes:

Champion - Regional Championship Trophy and first round bye at UK Nationals

Top four - Metal Challenge Coin

Top eight - Ltd Edition alternative colour dice

Top Sixteen - set of acrylic setup markets and initiative token

All - Alternate art Admiral Ackbar Promo card

Facilities:
Parking - there is free parking at the venue, including disabled spaces.

Admirals Snack-Bar and Evening BB8-Q
May the forks be with you at our dedicated event cantina serving many popular sweet/savoury Star Wars snacks and drinks throughout the day. The Death Star Donuts and Ham-Solo rolls are a particular favourite.

For the early starters we will also be doing Talon Bacon rolls 8am - 9.30am.

If non of these take your fancy there is a bakery, cost cutter, burger joint, and chip shop 2 minutes walk away, Sainburys is a 3 minute drive or for the more exotic there is a KFC and Pizza hut a 5 minute drive away.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask at [email protected]

Admirals Snack-Bar and Evening BB8-Q

May the forks be with you at our dedicated event cantina serving many popular sweet/savoury Star Wars snacks and drinks throughout the day. The Death Star Donuts and Ham-Solo rolls are a particular favourite.

For this alone I'd be tempted to make the trip down from Scotland. That's some Big Bang Theory level snack naming on the go.

admiralackbar.jpg

Of up to Sheffield myself

Very much looking forward to this event and the BB8-Q.. might have to sneek off down the road for a pint after if anyone is up for it and I can talk my driver in to relaxing with a coke for an hour before heading home. :)

Looking forward to this, first Armada tournament / tournament of any kind for me

Should be a cracking day and the venue is nice for space, only question I have is what's the opening times of the pub down the road for a lunch time bevvy.

Good Luck to everyone going tomorrow

And to you chap, just packing my fleet up now :) Defo up for a half time beer me thinks

Just finished a final practice game and packing my bits up now.. Give me a shout when you head for a beer.. You will spot me as I'll have my Tshirt with Plagueis written on the back because I'm a sad muppet... As it's my forum nick after all

Will do chap, I'll be the guy rocking a black "Fighters" Tie pilot tee, coz Empire till I die y'all ha! :D

I've cracked at the last minute and am now getting an early morning train to this - hugely aided by Kirton Games staff who helped me work out the logistics late last night: thanks guys! See you there for the crazy fun snacks and half time beers!

Morning guys.... Up early to get myself a nice cuppa and sort myself out

Getting up at 7 on a Saturday. I must really like this game! Must... Coffee...

Fantastic day out as always run by such a warm and friendly group... Free tea and coffee all day and a bacon roll on arrival.. And a very cool bunch of players which resulted in a nice lunch time beer as the pub!!! Also cool to see 22 different lists, showing how healthy this game is.... Can wait for the next event...

Was great fun, really glad I decided to come along. Everyone was easy to get on with and had some great games, I'm fairly pleased with my first tourney placing of 17th of 22, as my goals of "Don't get tabled" and "Don't come dead last" were achieved. And yes, great to see such a mix of lists today.

Good luck in Cardiff anyone who's going!

Edited by 54NCH32

Also, cheers Plagueis for some effect / timing clarifications, I had heard several ways its supposed to go, so cool to hear firsthand knowledge from more experienced players

Edited by 54NCH32

Also, cheers Plagueis for some effect / timing clarifications, I had heard several ways its supposed to go, so cool to hear firsthand knowledge from more experienced players

Do you happen to remember top lists by any chance?

Do you happen to remember top lists by any chance?

So many varied lists, it was great to see. Can't quite remember myself though (top wise).

Also, pt, loved flying my ISD I intel/OE, great fun :D

Also, pt, loved flying my ISD I intel/OE, great fun :D

I'm glad you liked it! Now imagine flying two ;)

I've cracked at the last minute and am now getting an early morning train to this - hugely aided by Kirton Games staff who helped me work out the logistics late last night: thanks guys! See you there for the crazy fun snacks and half time beers!

So was the day out worth dealing with the evil that is known as British rail....

I'm glad you liked it! Now imagine flying two ;)

Ah yeah, totally. My list had to cover the lack of a second ISD, but I had fun with it. Should have taken gunnery though :D