Adding Leaders to Combat

By Nominrath, in Star Wars: Rebellion

The rules state that if a player does NOT have a leader with tactics values in a system, they can add one leader from their pool to the system for the combat (basically the combat equivalent of opposing a mission). However it makes mention that should multiple leaders be present, you use the highest value for each theater of combat.

Now, does this mean that if a leader happens to be on this system from a previous mission or attack, a player can NOT add a new, additional leader during this step of combat (except in the case of a special ability possibly allowing such an action)? Only the already present leader(s) would contribute their tactics value(s), right? This is how I'm reading this rule, but the multiple leader clause makes me wonder.

Thanks all!

P.S. Love this game so far!

You are correct as long as the leader previously there had a tactics value.

Just to clarify since there are two points here:

Example One: Mon Mothma is in a system activated by the Empire. She has no tactics values so the Rebel player may pull one leader that has tactics values from his leader pool and pulls space and land tactics cards accordingly.

(Combat 1. Add Leader)

Example Two: Mon Mothma and General Rieekan are in a system activated by the Rebel. The Rebels activate that system with Jan Dodonna. The Rebel pulls two space tactic cards and two land tactic cards, for Rieekan and Dodonna respectively.

(Combat 2. Draw Tactic Cards)

Basically, unless there are already two Leaders in a system, only the Attacker can have two Leaders involved in a Combat action, but only as the above example shows, if a Leader is already present from a previous Mission when a system is activated.

Basically, unless there are already two Leaders in a system, only the Attacker can have two Leaders involved in a Combat action, but only as the above example shows, if a Leader is already present from a previous Mission when a system is activated.

Does that mean that leaders can be used twice in a turn? We've faced that issue a few times but couldn't find a clear answer anywhere.

Does that mean that leaders can be used twice in a turn? We've faced that issue a few times but couldn't find a clear answer anywhere.

You can only send a leader on a mission or use them to activate a system once a turn.

However if a later mission or combat happens in a system the leader is already in, that leader can add their tactics value or skill values to assist or oppose anything in the system they are already in.

Here is an example:

Luke goes to Dagobah to Seek Yoda

Vader activates Dagobah and moves a fleet there.

Rebels do something

Boba Fett goes to capture Luke, Chewbacca moves to oppose. The Imperials would roll 3 dice for Vader and 3 for Fett. The Rebels would role 2 for Luke and 3 for chewy (with one reroll). Note I am breaking it down but you roll all the dice at once.

Lets say the Imperials win.

Then the Emperor uses Lure of the Darkside against Luke, the Rebels send in Akbar to oppose, In this case it would be 10 dice (because of the cap of 10 dice) versus 10 dice (plus two auto successes for the Empire.

If the rebels later jumped a fleet into Dagobah, the Imperials would use any tactics value on the leaders already there to assist in the defense.

Pretty epic example Jobu! ;)

Thanks for clarifying this. Will make my rebel life last a lot longer (I hope). :ph34r: