Would you read comic strips about Custom Officers and Smugglers?

By RodianClone, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

I really like your style. It fits a web comic really well.

His nipples scare me...

Roll for fear. One setback die for each nipple.

I like it!

please keep going on!

And now let´s all sing together:

"99 bottles of Space Beer... .... hmmm... Space Beer... and some Blackhole Donouts..."

His nipples scare me...

Scary man nipples also give 2 boost dice to coercion checks against homophobians(species from the primitive homophobia system)

His nipples scare me...

Scary man nipples also give 2 boost dice to coercion checks against homophobians(species from the primitive homophobia system)

But also a charm upgrade for any rolls vs bear lovers.

His nipples scare me...

But also a charm upgrade for any rolls vs bear lovers.

Space bear lovers!

Ok, just to make sure there isn't any confusion here. I was using the term "bear" in the way the gay community uses it, to refer to being attracted to big, hairy guys. I know English isn't your primary language, so I thought I'd just make sure the joke didn't cause any confusion/embarrassment or anything. :)

Ok, just to make sure there isn't any confusion here. I was using the term "bear" in the way the gay community uses it, to refer to being attracted to big, hairy guys. I know English isn't your primary language, so I thought I'd just make sure the joke didn't cause any confusion/embarrassment or anything. :)

I got that. I was talking about space bears, the term used in the gay space community.

I got that. I was talking about space bears, the term used in the gay space community.

That's fine, and I'm all for that line of humor, I just wanted to make sure it didn't slip by and cause an unfortunate bit of confusion, implying something you didn't know/want to imply. :)

That's fine, and I'm all for that line of humor, I just wanted to make sure it didn't slip by and cause an unfortunate bit of confusion, implying something you didn't know/want to imply. :)

I almost asked what "bear" would be called in star wars, wookiee maybe, but decided to drop it and just Correct you with "space bear".. Don't worry 'bout me, english is like a second language to me... Yo.

Bad spelling is most often due to norwegian auto-Correct.

Space Bear is pretty amusing yes, though calling it a Wookie would be funny too. Since that's the more "Star Warsy" example of a big and hairy guy. I remember using the phrase "Things got really Wookie" and said it's like things getting really hairy, but worse, because it's a Wookie. :D

I openly support all space bear and wookiee communities in all their forms, in all galaxies!

Edited by RodianClone

Oh man, that would be a fun spin on why he's got a Wookie copilot. It's not a life debt, they just can't quit each other. :D Broke Back Wookie!

I'm having way too much fun with this mental experiment for this crew! :D

Smuggler/wookiee fiction is a fun idea, but I hate jokes that are supposed to be funny just BECAUSE of the gay. Characters and character relationships aren't and shouldn't be funny just because they are gay. Taking a sub-culture from our world and incerting it into a fictional world however, can be very funny, so space bears was funny to me. I had an idea to have a big, brutish beast Princess, though, a mix between chewie's and leia's place in the fiction. We'll see.

Smuggler/wookiee fiction is a fun idea, but I hate jokes that are supposed to be funny just BECAUSE of the gay. Characters and character relationships aren't and shouldn't be funny just because they are gay. Taking a sub-culture from our world and incerting it into a fictional world however, can be very funny, so space bears was funny to me. I had an idea to have a big, brutish beast Princess, though, a mix between chewie's and leia's place in the fiction. We'll see.

Oh I'm not saying that being the only reason for the humor, but a lot of humor is based around taking a regular scenario, and given one aspect of it a wild spin. I think reskinning the Han/Chewie relationship as an actual relationship is quite humorous. You can give it an entire domestic angle, and play around with the fact that we only ever understand what the Wookie says based on Han's translation. And I'm not even suggesting putting it in your comic. I'm just brainstorming off the basic idea you made, and amusing myself more than anything. I'm picturing the Wookie as the domestic of the couple, constantly berating him for not liking his cooking, or not having time for him, or not cleaning up on the ship. Giving the "Wookie Rage" trope we all know, an amusing twist. He's not mad because he lost at a game of...whatever stuff they play in Star Wars, he's mad because Captain Jackass won't put the toilet seat up! :D

Yea, reimagining their relationship structure is a very funny idea to me too, with lots of potential! :)

Thanks:) Feel free to recommend me som web comics you think are good or that resembles my style.

Thanks:) Feel free to recommend me som web comics you think are good or that resembles my style.

The art style kind of reminds me of PVP, vaguely.

Edited by RodianClone

I love Scott Kurtz! I guess we have similar shapes, but different linework render. Anyway, great compliment. Check out Table Titans.

Yeah, the similarity is mainly in the body shape for the captain. it made me think of....Cole? is that his name? The middle aged guy who (at least when I last read the comic) was in charge of the motley band of lunatics. balding, glasses, etc.

Number 2 finally updated... Don`t know what to call the ship yet:p

drunkspeed2farger_by_slapsticky-da0xqu7.

Edited by RodianClone

The Tippsy Turvy?

The Tippsy Turvy?

That's a good one.

The Tippsy Turvy?

That's a good one.

Indeed, good one.