Cataclysm Isn't the Final Expansion Right?

By Joker2016, in Talisman

They could make a expansion of characters from Talisman Digital and I'm still hoping for a rejigged Time scape. Who wouldn't want to play the Chainsaw Warrior? I know I would

I think the Digital version is the only version with hope for future expansions - or at least - fewer limitations.

Digital - there' s your ocean, Pirates and sea-farers, anywhere !

Likewise Time scape and more.

Since the digital already creates content not available - those characters on DE only - what is there to stop them?

The chainsaw warrior is the most out of place abomination ever to crawl out of gw's maw.

Yup but he was always good fun and won a hell of alot of games for me :) Mind you must admit that the Monk is probably one of my main favorites as he was the First Character I used when I bought the 1st edition game. Not tried him in the Revised 4th ed yet though as we always play random pick, and havent got him yet. I dont get alot of chance to play the game these days. But I have got my nephews into it. We havent done the full set of boards experience yet due to restricted space, though we ve used all of the mini expansions. ( still not sure how the Harbinger works yet but working on it :wacko: ) Still have to Buy Cataclism but will do in the near future. and hopefully Jon will complete the circle with the forest, mountains link realm

Edited by Robb 1

They could make a expansion of characters from Talisman Digital and I'm still hoping for a rejigged Time scape. Who wouldn't want to play the Chainsaw Warrior? I know I would

An expansion with characters from DE is a plausible idea. All that would be needed are sculpts for the figures.

When our group played Timescape, we set the expansion on a coffee table or small dinner tray table. So how to include it in mix of expansion boards we currently possess would be an issue. I would like to see Timescape happen, if for no other reason than my own nostalgia. I was the keeper of 2ND edition and all the expansions and I continued my tenure, as keeper of the current edition including Cataclysm. So, a Timescape expansion would mark the conclusion of another chapter in Talisman lore.

I, do not want it to end there though. I am hoping the characters from DE make it into the mix before a final expansion is made or the game is called complete. I hold out hope for new corner boards as well, a person needs to dream, right?

As for the Chainsaw Warrior, I have the original box game. The worn out box and it's worn out contents holds a place of honor on my gaming shelves. I would love to see him and all characters from Timescape make it at least as a character expansion. Hope springs eternal.

Absolutely my 1St ed box holds a similar pride of place and is crammed with all of the expansions except the original dragons expansion which I didn't find out about till many years later as aparently it was a very limited run. Would love to get hold of it but imagine it would cost a small fortune now it was selling for around £100 and that was several years ago. I can but dream ☺

CRIPES!!!

I've just read through this. Surely it can't be the last one?

I don't know what I'd do without the excitement of new set release news , the subsequent adventure to my local game shop to pick it up followed by that sublime new game smell when the lid is lifted, infused with all the the wonders within. :(

No it can't be the last one because we haven't had my favourite character yet....

IMG_0743_zpsbyop2fsc.jpg

..... and I refuse to let Talisman end until we see a revised edition of this character.

Going round the board imprisoning everyone for heresay is a real giggle though you do have to be careful as it does have a tendancy to annoy other players :lol:

After all NO ONE EXPECTS THE TALISMAN INQUISITION........ :ph34r: (soft cushions could be one of his weapons)

Come on FFG lets have another expansion and give us an Inquisitor. (pretty please)

Edited by 80sVamp

Dat inquisitor looks really fun! But I doubt we see anything else. But the game is at a good point, so I'm okay with it.

Could easierly create your own inquisitor.