Sheffield has withdrawn from UFS

By Speedsta, in UFS Uk Forum

Hi everyone.

Umm, pretty much what the title says really. For a long time now a lot of players in Sheffield have been unhappy with UFS (nothing to do with the support from Steve or the players in the UK, both of which are great), and this has been steadily getting worse for the last few months.

I'm not going to go into too much detail here, a brief explanation is that most of my players were unhappy with the endless control wars of block four, but hate block five just as much due to the lack of interactivity in it. Most of the Sheffield players were in Patriot Games recently and we agreed to stop running events. Another major factor was concern over the future of UFS and the likelihood of further sets and support.

On a personal note, I have been playing UFS since set one and I am truly saddened that in Sheffield the game has reached this point. I have spent a lot of my spare time travelling around the UK playing UFS and have played it at most of the shops in the UK. I have met so many fantastic people and had so many fantastic experiences it would be impossible to list them all here, but I would like to say a big thank you to all of the players in the UK and especially to Steve Graham and Kevin Beadle for making the UFS community the most friendly and fun one I have ever found in the 30+ card games I have played.

I sincerely hope that all the remaining UFS players continue to enjoy and support the game and that there is still plenty more UFS to come in the future. The last Sheffield event will be a farewell event in January (since I have a massive pile of promos and nothing to do with them) : ), and if anyone would like to visit us they're more than welcome.

I will be logging into the forums less often from now on, but any PMs sent to me will still reach me as they are sent directly to my e-mail address. If anyone would like my address it is [email protected].

Finally, most of the Sheffield players have moved to Legend of the Five Rings as our main game, so we will still be turning up at various places in the UK and especially at conventions, so please come over and say hi!

- Ross

is it too early to act the mercenary and try and pick up some cheap ass cards from you guys gran_risa.gif

I'm just getting back in so need as much current block stuff as I can get

Whizzwang said:

is it too early to act the mercenary and try and pick up some cheap ass cards from you guys gran_risa.gif

I'm just getting back in so need as much current block stuff as I can get

It aint to early for me as im shallow gran_risa.gif just check this thread out http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=33&efcid=5&efidt=246552 i also have alot of commons and uncommons, just email (also in the thread) me and we will work someting out.

I can't express how saddened I am by this, considering our escapades to America, and our fun times with Nationals and other major tournaments, I refuse to believe that UFS has gone down a bad road, as do many of Colchesters players, however, I understand that I can't tell people how to think or feel when it comes to stuff like this. Perhaps in a few sets time, I'd like to think that you'll have the variety back to want to play once again. Kyle's in the same boat as you, seemingly, he misses the control and the way it was before, and doesn't feel the need to play NEWFS, which has also deeply saddened me, seeing as he was my comrade overseas and my rival, of sorts, so through him, I can see where you guys are all coming from, but I'd be lying if I said this didn't upset me a little. I genuinely hope that we don't lose contact completely just because we don't play the same game anymore, so I hope to hear from some of you guys sooner rather than later!

Hopefully my crusade for UFS will rear it's ugly head and bring it all back, hey? :P

I truly hoped it would never come to this, UFS is probably my favourite card game of all time (except battletech and AvP, oh why do the good games die young!) but the game is no longer what it was, a fault i lay squarely at the feet of FFG's woeful mismanagement of the game, remember the good old days under sabretooth games? when the players actually had a voice, and national events enticed over a hundred players at a time, but alas those days are long gone, replaced by a company that doesn't care. i know this seems like i'm ranting but its how i feel, the last straw being the endless delays in stock turning up, we had planned our pre-release for 3 sundays back, it didnt turn up, re scheduled for 2 sundays back, still no sign, tried to sort it for last sunday and still no joy,so said balls to it, i love this game and have made many great friends and met many great people who i hope to stay in touch with, but for the players of sheffield the game is over and nobody has any spare money to hit continue. i truly hope everyone will make a pilgrimage to sheffield in the new year for a final hooray. this means you joe and you kyle specifically, joe as were tied 1-1 at major events and kyle as i've never actually finished a game against you, and even if it takes all night and causes untold natural disasters we shall finish 1 GAME!!!!!

well, its been a long and wild ride and i hope to see you all around, goodbye and good luck

this is Baz, signing off

Sad to see you guys go, but of course it's understandable. If it comes to this point where I'm at, I'm probably not going to throw away my cards (all those years and moneys spent collecting go to waste? Phooey!) and maybe make some legacy deck just in case, kinda like I did with Raw Deal (but never got into a player base at the time).

Of course the memories of Captain Sagatman, Mai Ragnar and the rest of the UFS memes will stay around!

Hey guys unfornatly i have been in since i wasin partiot games and kev siad there was a ccg with street fighter in.That was pretty much me in to even wining a penny arcade box set at teh first tourney run in the uk iwth steve horvath at patriot games as a side event for a 40k storyline tourney (we played with the demo decks). As much as block 5 suits me it is still kinda sad that it is too one sided even though this play group is in comparison to to the raw deal play group a grea bunch of players and have fun times . I have also finally had enough of the poor management and way that the uk get treated as a 2nd rate or worse state of players. steve who slogged his guts out for us at all points and as well as mr beedle. If people are after my block 5 cards they can all go i am not letting go of any legacey stuff form street fighter or snk but everything else is pretty much fair game. i am willing to let go for wow cards or l5r or other things if you wish to email what ya looking for.

Email is [email protected]

chaoschild can you email me about what we were disccusing at gome 09 and any news on it as jim is unable to get any joy

will be sad to see this go as it is the card game i always wanted but due to what appears to be a lack of "want to keep this alive" from ffg cos looking at the spoilers on an american site for the new sciv set it owuld have been a better release than tekken though yoshi and his weapon are both horribly wrong andthe chara tbh needs to be banned stright away.

It goes without saying, but I'm more than sorry to see such an important playerbase leave the game - Patriot has been heavily involved with STG games since when I was with the company, and I just want to thank all of you for everything, it's been a blast.

Kevin