Are Grave Consequences POD?

By gregee123, in Elder Sign

... cos they appeared out of left field today.

I have already sent FFG a question through the contact form. We may find out sometime soon.

All you need to do is look at the Product/Catalog number. It starts with a "u" it's a PoD.

All you need to do is look at the Product/Catalog number. It starts with a "u" it's a PoD.

That's great, I supposed something like that. But this is far from obvious, and this information should be on a product page.

The main point of my question is that FFG should know that they have forgot to include this important information.

Edited by tsuma534

The main point of my question is that FFG should know that they have forgot to include this important information.

Why is this important?

It can be important because POD stuff is a different material or quality as the stuff printed from their primary sources. Since these decks don't appear to get shuffled into anything else, I think it's less important.

Anyone else get the feeling that this is stuff they wanted to include in Omens of Ice but couldn't fit it in the box and/or get it done on time?

Edited by FatherTurin

PODs also have a very different production/distribution cycle. In many countries you have to wait several weeks or even months after the original release to even get a chance to preorder locally. Ordering directly from FFG is not cost effective to put it mildly.

Knowing that this is indeed a POD pack I don't expect it to hit the stores in EU in another month or so.

I got an email from Molly Glover, codesigner of the expansion, a couple of hourso ago, and yes, it's a PoD.

Anyone else get the feeling that this is stuff they wanted to include in Omens of Ice but couldn't fit it in the box and/or get it done on time?

Nope. Graves is full of general use stuff. No reason for it to be inside the Omens expansion.

Why is this important?

Because PoD means lower quality (not drastically lower, but a bit lower) and not every shop in town will have them, so, it's an important info both on quality and availability.

Nope. Graves is full of general use stuff. No reason for it to be inside the Omens expansion.

Agreed. There will certainly be people not interested in Alaska that may be interested in this, so, it's better that everyone may get only what he wants.

Still, the price is seriously high, considering it's in-house printed