Official Rules Responses

By doctormungmung, in Star Wars: Rebellion

How do the Empire take the Rebels' reputaion? I thought it was when they capture a Rebel leader but after reading some of their cards that dosen't seem to be the case.

This thread is for posting responses to rules questions asked through the ffg rules submission link. If you want the community to answer your rules questions, please start a new thread to ask the question in. FFG does not officially post on the forums, so they will not answer questions posted here (or in any other thread really).

The FFG rules question submission site can be found here: https://www.fantasyf.../contact/rules/

I was curious about the question from BaronMaverick and I asked FFG directly. The Escape Plan card is worthless (or, only good to discard for another ability) if the 'No Escape' is played before. The same goes for Piett's 'Keep Them from Escaping' action card. This is the reply:

Hello Dennis,

If a card ability uses the word “cannot” it is absolute and cannot be overridden by other abilities. When “No Escape” is used, the Rebel Units cannot retreat regardless of other special abilities.

I hope this answers your question!
- Corey Konieczka
VP of Research & Design
Fantasy Flight Games

Hi there I have a matter with a friend about the objetive card "cut supply lines" I will not describe all the situation to avoid some partiallity

Can You please describe the correct an official use of this card (we find this in another forum both even with that response my friend Is not convinced about this rule) if you can explain in other words to avoid (again) confusion moreover I appreciate if You can describe with some examples.

Thanks !!

(The trouble Is centered on the use of the Word "either")

Edited by royalfa
4 hours ago, royalfa said:

Hi there I have a matter with a friend about the objetive card "cut supply lines" I will not describe all the situation to avoid some partiallity

Can You please describe the correct an official use of this card (we find this in another forum both even with that response my friend Is not convinced about this rule) if you can explain in other words to avoid (again) confusion moreover I appreciate if You can describe with some examples.

Thanks !!

(The trouble Is centered on the use of the Word "either")

In my understanding the word "either" gives you the choices but doesn't make them uncombinable. So for example you can have a sabotage marker on 1 imperial system and a rebel unit on other 2 imperial systems and use "Cut Supply Lines" as 3 imperial systems fulfill either of those 2 requirements

Okay just to put it out there, I've only played one game of Rebellion and don't know the rules that well. I need as much help as possible, expect me to ask dumb questions.

Rules Question:

At the end of a combat that resolves with the Imperial troops in a system with Rebel Loyalty, what happens?

Answer:

LOL, I didn't read the Learn to Play closely enough! You put a Subjugation Marker on top of the Rebel Loyalty Marker. I feel soooooo dumb

Edited by Sergeant Squirrel

In my first game the other night my friend playing as the rebellion decided not to keep any rebel units in the "rebel base" space but rather opted to keep any rebel units on the system proper thereby circumventing the mission card that allows the imperial player to draw probe cards based on how many rebel units are in the rebel base space. Is that legal?

On 7/1/2018 at 10:10 AM, Darthguy said:

In my first game the other night my friend playing as the rebellion decided not to keep any rebel units in the "rebel base" space but rather opted to keep any rebel units on the system proper thereby circumventing the mission card that allows the imperial player to draw probe cards based on how many rebel units are in the rebel base space. Is that legal?

Yes it is. The Rebel player is never forced to place any unit in the Rebel Base space

Hello Davide,
See my answers below.
- Corey Konieczka
VP of Research & Design
Fantasy Flight Games
Rules Question:
1) Can I use the Rouge Squadron Raid mission card to destroy a Death Star Under Construction?
Rogue Squadron raid destroys a unit on the build queue that has 4 or less health. Death Star Under Construction places the Death Star on the build queue, and the Death Star does not have a health value and therefore cannot be destroyed by this card.
2) If the Rebel player plays Plant False Lead mission card can he see the faces of the cards he takes from the Imperial player?
The Rebel player can see the faces of these cards so he can choose which ones to place on the top and which ones on the bottom of the deck.
3) If the Rebel player uses Incite Rebellion mission card but he hasn't 3 rebel troopers in the supply, can he destroy 3 rebel troopers to obtain them?

Yes, the Rebel player can destroy troopers elsewhere so they can use this card.

Edited by Darth Mario

Hello Paul,

The Rebels still draw an objective card in step 4, even if using Rise of the Empire.
- Corey Konieczka
VP of Research & Design
Fantasy Flight Games
Rules Question:
In the setup section of the new Rise of the Empire expansion, under Prepare Objective Deck, it states to "Replace step 4 of the setup with the following rules". Does the Rebellion still draw an Objective card during step 4 of setup as stated on page 15 of the Rules Reference? I understand the new rules to replace all text with the new setup, therefore, the Rebellion wouldn't draw a starting Objective card. Is this the correct interpretation? Thank you.

Rules Question:
If you have a leader assigned to a mission, can they be "pulled" from that mission (either pre or post reveal) by special timing action card. For example: Darth Vader is assigned to a mission, the rebel scum attempt to rescue a captured leader and are successful, can I then action Vader with his "It's your Destiny" card to capture one of the rescuers? I assume that if Vader was post mission and in the same system as the rescue that there would be no problem actioning him; but, if Vader had already completed his assigned mission in another system and the rescue occurs, would he be "actionable"? Thanks in advance for the response and I look forward to the Clone Wars version. -W

Answer:

Hello W,

I’m glad you’re enjoying the game!

Once a leader is assigned to a mission, they are stuck on that mission until the resolve it or the round ends. You cannot optionally pull a leader from a mission. For the “It is your destiny” card, Vader would need to already be in the system that contains the captured leader. I often times leave Vader in my leader pool so that I can send him to oppose a capture mission (he’ll then be in the system and able to use this action card).

- Corey Konieczka

VP of Research & Design
Fantasy Flight Games

On 9/7/2018 at 4:50 AM, WGNF911 said:

Rules Question:
If you have a leader assigned to a mission, can they be "pulled" from that mission (either pre or post reveal) by special timing action card. For example: Darth Vader is assigned to a mission, the rebel scum attempt to rescue a captured leader and are successful, can I then action Vader with his "It's your Destiny" card to capture one of the rescuers? I assume that if Vader was post mission and in the same system as the rescue that there would be no problem actioning him; but, if Vader had already completed his assigned mission in another system and the rescue occurs, would he be "actionable"? Thanks in advance for the response and I look forward to the Clone Wars version. -W

Answer:

Hello W,

I’m glad you’re enjoying the game!

Once a leader is assigned to a mission, they are stuck on that mission until the resolve it or the round ends. You cannot optionally pull a leader from a mission. For the “It is your destiny” card, Vader would need to already be in the system that contains the captured leader. I often times leave Vader in my leader pool so that I can send him to oppose a capture mission (he’ll then be in the system and able to use this action card).

- Corey Konieczka

VP of Research & Design
Fantasy Flight Games

hmm.. i dont understand this, Corey. What do you mean you keep vader in the pool to oppose a capture mission? capturing is a dark side mechanic, so how would you oppose that?

I'm sure Corey meant "oppose a rescue mission".

On 4/21/2019 at 5:25 AM, Bron Ander Haltern said:

I'm sure Corey meant "oppose a rescue mission".

Yup, that’s how I took it. He misspoke.