First game tonight

By kintaro3, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Took us about 5 hrs since it was a first time game and I was teaching someone who was completely clueless about the game.

So we followed the turn step-by-step setup from the RB, and only had to refer to the RRG twice - and both of those times were for a clarifying of a game item as opposed to a rule dispute.

Game flowed well, and my semi-board gamer friend picked it up easily. He had so much fun that he now intends on buying his own copy!

As for me, I LOVED it!! The game is fantastically tight rules-wise, has an easy to grasp/follow ruleset, and the rulebook layout was actually kind of intuitive. After two turns we basically had it down.

Another first tonight was ZERO rules disputes - only questions from my opponent that a quick out-loud reading of the relevant rule easily answered.

Overall I give the game a 10/10, and the RB and RRG a 9/10 (only for a very important item being held off and side-barred under the win condition explanation, as opposed to being included in setup where it should be!).

Really great game and a super fun time!!!

BTW, he played The Empire and one by one turn!!