Construct Death Star vs Sabotage missions

By LFITQ, in Star Wars: Rebellion

The only way to stop the Death Star from being completed is to attack it and deal 4 black hits.

If you could just sabotage why would that even be an option?

Actually, there are 3 ways of destroying the DSUC:

1) 4 black damage,

2) Death Star Plans objective,

3) Rebel ships in system without any other Imperial ships.

1) 4 black damage,

RAW: Yes, you can use 'Death Star Plans' against DSUC... but only if there's another, complete DS in the system. : )

Funniest blunder in the rulebook.

RR p. 06, 'Destroying a Death Star' subsection:

** The “Death Star Plans” can be used against a Death Star

Under Construction.

** The “Death Star Plans” card cannot be played if a Death Star is

not in the system.

1) 4 black damage,

RAW: Yes, you can use 'Death Star Plans' against DSUC... but only if there's another, complete DS in the system. : )

Under Construction.

not in the system.

That's an interesting interpretation of those two statements. I would interpret the 1st to imply all other rules for DSP apply to the DSUC as it does for the DS. I think my interpretation is the correct one here.

1) 4 black damage,

Under Construction.

not in the system.

That's an interesting interpretation of those two statements. I would interpret the 1st to imply all other rules for DSP apply to the DSUC as it does for the DS. I think my interpretation is the correct one here.

And I would agree. It seems they don't make too much distinction between DSUC and DS for rebel activities.

I asked FFG:

"If a sabotage marker is present in the system containing the Death Star Under Construction, does that prevent the Death Star from deploying when it reaches the end of the build queue?"

Corey's answer:

"The Sabotage mission is intended to work only in systems that have a resource icon. If the Rebels could use this in a remote system then the Imperial player would be unable to remove the sabotage marker.

I hope this answers your question!"

I asked FFG:

"If a sabotage marker is present in the system containing the Death Star Under Construction, does that prevent the Death Star from deploying when it reaches the end of the build queue?"

Corey's answer:

"The Sabotage mission is intended to work only in systems that have a resource icon. If the Rebels could use this in a remote system then the Imperial player would be unable to remove the sabotage marker.

I hope this answers your question!"

Would you mind posting this in the rules response thread? Thanks.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/217120-official-rules-responses/

In regards to Oversee Project and the Death Star, the Imperial player did this to me in my first game, placing the Death Star II with his fleet in a system other than where it was being constructed (and a short hop from my base). I wasn't sure if it was legal, but I didn't oppose it. I thought it was a clever play on his part. (Surprise! That system you thought we were building a death star in? We fibbed.)

"Looks like the Bothans rooked us again!" --obi-Wan, Return of Pink Five