Yet another Autofire thread...

By MrMxyzptlk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

After a play session Ive determined Autofire is clunky and a bit op. So I ask you guys would this be to much? Also with regards to Jury Rig Im thinking it should not work with autofire. Thoughts please?

Autofire (active)

Declare Autofire and declare # of targets, up to 1 for each rank of Attack Skill, Gain the Ammo Hog quality, unless the weapon is hooked up to a portable generator. You must target the highest defense target first. Upgrade the difficulty of the combat check by 1 for each target you declared beyond the first. If you hit your target may Spray: Spend 1 Uncancelled Success or 2 Advantage to inflict weapons base damage + any uncancelled successes one additional time to a declared target.

Ammo Hog (passive)

During combat, Game Masters may make a heavy blaster pistol or Weapon with the Ammo Hog Quality run out of ammunition by spending 3 Threat or a Despair. This is in addition to the standard spending of Despair as discussed on page 218.

Edited by Sith Interceptor
phrasing

I prefer RAW to this (aside from the limitation on Jury Rigged), but it looks decent. As for Ammo Hog, clarification on how much Threat?

The only real issue I see is upgrading the difficulty of the check, because the increased difficulty for Auto-fire is enough as is. Any more and it gets too difficult* in my opinion, especially when you factor in talents like Adversary.

*A big component of "too difficult" is the high chance for Despair.

Ammo Hog is a quality I made up a long while ago. It's simply a copy of the special notes for the Heavy Blaster Pistol into a quality. In my opinion it should have been a quality from the start instead of having to look up the description of the Heavy Blaster Pistol for what it does.

Ammo Hog is an active quality that allows not only 1 Despair (like normal) but 3 Threats to make a weapon run out of ammo. The HBP has it and I add the quality to when anyone goes full auto in a roll.

It doesn't mean I immediately use 3 Threat on their first auto-fire roll to make them run out of ammo. But if they've been using auto-fire for a few rounds, it's quickly becoming my top choice if 3 are rolled.

13 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I prefer RAW to this (aside from the limitation on Jury Rigged), but it looks decent. As for Ammo Hog, clarification on how much Threat?

The only real issue I see is upgrading the difficulty of the check, because the increased difficulty for Auto-fire is enough as is. Any more and it gets too difficult* in my opinion, especially when you factor in talents like Adversary.

*A big component of "too difficult" is the high chance for Despair.

Yes fixed that its 3 threat as Sturm suggested.

If you target 2 or more with a Autofire Weapon, increase Difficulty by 1 and gain the quality Ammo Hog. Im thinking of removing the difficulty here but keeping ammo hog. My reasoning is I may have nerfed autofire to much. Thoughts?

So it would read like this. D eclare Autofire and # of targets, up to 1 for each rank in the Attack Skill. Upgrade the difficulty of the combat check by 1 for each target you declared. If you target 2 or more with a Autofire Weapon gain the Ammo Hog quality. Thoughts?

8 hours ago, Sturn said:

Ammo Hog is a quality I made up a long while ago. It's simply a copy of the special notes for the Heavy Blaster Pistol into a quality. In my opinion it should have been a quality from the start instead of having to look up the description of the Heavy Blaster Pistol for what it does.

Ammo Hog is an active quality that allows not only 1 Despair (like normal) but 3 Threats to make a weapon run out of ammo. The HBP has it and I add the quality to when anyone goes full auto in a roll.

It doesn't mean I immediately use 3 Threat on their first auto-fire roll to make them run out of ammo. But if they've been using auto-fire for a few rounds, it's quickly becoming my top choice if 3 are rolled.

Thanks. Yes I like that idea of making it a quality.

9 hours ago, Sith Interceptor said:

Yes fixed that its 3 threat as Sturm suggested.

If you target 2 or more with a Autofire Weapon, increase Difficulty by 1 and gain the quality Ammo Hog. Im thinking of removing the difficulty here but keeping ammo hog. My reasoning is I may have nerfed autofire to much. Thoughts?

So it would read like this. D eclare Autofire and # of targets, up to 1 for each rank in the Attack Skill. Upgrade the difficulty of the combat check by 1 for each target you declared. If you target 2 or more with a Autofire Weapon gain the Ammo Hog quality. Thoughts?

RAW increases the difficulty by one. I don't think you should upgrade, as that can end up doing more to increase the difficulty that a single purple (Average difficulty+3 targets is Hard upgraded twice).

I think the best thing to do would be to simply add the Ammo Hog quality and add the qualification about declaring targets up to ranks.