Announcing the Beta for Descent Campaign Tracker

By spazard1, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Over the past several months, I have been working on a website that will track Descent's advanced campaign, such as Road to Legend. I'm very pleased to say that the beta version is ready for use and is online.

You can find it at http://www.descentcampaigntracker.com/ .
The help pages are here: http://www.descentcampaigntracker.com/help/about

The beta version is not intended for normal use, but rather so that people who are interested can check it out and see if they run into any problems. If this is the sort of thing that interests you, or you just want to check it out, feel free. There is a link to report bugs you find directly on the website. (you will need to be logged in to use it) You can use this forum thread to offer any suggestions or comments. You could also PM me if you prefer.

Thanks for any help you can offer in testing or suggestions. I really hope it is helpful for a lot of people!

spazard1 said:

Over the past several months, I have been working on a website that will track Descent's advanced campaign, such as Road to Legend. I'm very pleased to say that the beta version is ready for use and is online.

You can find it at http://www.descentcampaigntracker.com/ .
The help pages are here: http://www.descentcampaigntracker.com/help/about

The beta version is not intended for normal use, but rather so that people who are interested can check it out and see if they run into any problems. If this is the sort of thing that interests you, or you just want to check it out, feel free. There is a link to report bugs you find directly on the website. (you will need to be logged in to use it) You can use this forum thread to offer any suggestions or comments. You could also PM me if you prefer.

Thanks for any help you can offer in testing or suggestions. I really hope it is helpful for a lot of people!

And once again this forum has been annoying. here are clickable links.

www.descentcampaigntracker.com/

www.descentcampaigntracker.com/help/about

Just read across your instructions. Will definately try this!

spazard1 said:

spazard1 said:

Usually heroes are only allowed one death per encounter.

Is this a house rule you use?! I've just checked the RtL rules again and didn't find anything that supports that rule. I'm confused.

Diary display's a little broken in firefox 3 right now....The after-you-post page is fine, but accessing the list of diary entries is basically broken and it's, uh, displaying your code in a debug script. Also, none of the diary entry titles seem to link to the right place: I assume it's the same bug.

In the interest of your server's and users' security, you should go ahead and scrutinize input (like description fields) very fiercely. Letting users post raw text that can be interpreted by the browser (i.e. html tags, javascript hello world buttons lengua.gif ) to any text input is bad.

Gonna try using the system later, but I can't think of any additions I'd make off the top of my head. Good ideas so far, keep it up.

dude, theasaris, heroes who die in encounters are taken off the map until the end of the encounter. It's in the RtL rules.

Thundercles said:

dude, theasaris, heroes who die in encounters are taken off the map until the end of the encounter. It's in the RtL rules.

Yes of course. Then I just misinterpreted spazard's sentence. I thought he meant the party is only allowed a single hero death per encounter. The "allowed" irritated me, because of course the OV receives conquest just as usual when killing heroes in encounters.

When opening a chest, your program automatically rolls the 4 power dice. Could you include an option to enter the dice results yourself?

Thanks Thundercles! I have fixed the Diaries page and have protected against my XSS vulnerabilities.

Next I will be working on allowing users to enter the dice that they rolled instead of the site always doing the rolls for you.

theasaris said:

When opening a chest, your program automatically rolls the 4 power dice. Could you include an option to enter the dice results yourself?

This is now finished. It also allows you to enter your own dice rolls for encounter loot.

Found a strange bug, don't quite know how to reproduce

All heroes' conquest value dropped by 1 after I initialized the campaign information to 32CT heroes vs 45CT overlord and divine favor set to no, minimum conquest value set to 1. This was a newly entered campaign that had already started.

Campaign name: Me & Steve

I didn't test divine favor, but it only activates at increments of 25CT, right?

Also:

Sir Alric Farrow is spelled "Sir Aldric " in the campaign tracker.

Also:

When heroes flee a dungeon, there should be an automatic world map update that puts them back at Tamalir.

Thundercles said:

All heroes' conquest value dropped by 1 after I initialized the campaign information to 32CT heroes vs 45CT overlord and divine favor set to no, minimum conquest value set to 1. This was a newly entered campaign that had already started.

Also:

Also:

When heroes flee a dungeon, there should be an automatic world map update that puts them back at Tamalir.

Again, thanks so much.

Fixed the conquest bug. Fixed Sir Alric's name.

Added a "Heroes New Location" text field on the "end dungeon" page. This allows for more flexibility than simply teleporting the heroes if they flee. players can decide where the heroes go, especially with house rules.

spazard1 said:

Thundercles said:

Also:

Also:

Again, thanks so much.

Fixed the conquest bug. Fixed Sir Alric's name.

Added a "Heroes New Location" text field on the "end dungeon" page. This allows for more flexibility than simply teleporting the heroes if they flee. players can decide where the heroes go, especially with house rules.

Nice. Well done.

Nice. I've added a link to your site in my Useful Descent LInks section.

This is really cool. Thanks for making it for us. I'll play around with it more deeply later on.

When adding in the character names, it would be nice to just pick them from a down and have their default values populated for us. Also, a "custom" option for allowing homebrew characters.

spazard1 said:

theasaris said:

This is now finished. It also allows you to enter your own dice rolls for encounter loot.

Perfect, thanks!

I've got a question regarding Lieutenant purchases:

What are the default XP-costs for Merrick and Eliza? Do I have to manually enter the reduced costs depending on which Lts. are already in play?

jwdenzel said:

This is really cool. Thanks for making it for us. I'll play around with it more deeply later on.

When adding in the character names, it would be nice to just pick them from a down and have their default values populated for us. Also, a "custom" option for allowing homebrew characters.

The default values are auto-completed in most fields assuming you have javascript turned on. Type the first character or two and a list of heroes that start with those letters will appear after a second or two. This same functionality works on plot cards, avatar upgrades, lieutenants, skills, etc.

theasaris said:

spazard1 said:

theasaris said:

Perfect, thanks!

I've got a question regarding Lieutenant purchases:

What are the default XP-costs for Merrick and Eliza? Do I have to manually enter the reduced costs depending on which Lts. are already in play?

Those lieutenant's cost are automatically figured out with their proper reductions in price. Just make sure you enter their names correctly or else it won't work right. If you use the auto-complete feature I mentioned in the post above this one, you don't really have to worry about entering it correctly.

Ezhaeu said:

Nice. I've added a link to your site in my Useful Descent LInks section.

Thanks!

the world map report is finished. it will display a live version of the world map complete with heroes' location, completed dungeons, and the heroes' path they have taken throughout the campaign.

here is a link to an example with a couple of random dungeons completed and the beginnings of a hero path. you need to be logged in to view this report. enjoy!

www.descentcampaigntracker.com/worldmap_locations/view_map/122