Clarification on using Death Star Plans

By xtoddh, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Ok, so lets say there is a death star with a bunch of ties and a bunch of xwings about to duke it out. The rebel player has the Death Star Plans. We go through one round of combat, and only 1 tie and 1 xwing die. At this point, I assume the rebel player can use the Death Star Plans and roll the 3 die to blow up the death star. If it fails, card goes back to hand, and then another round starts, rinse and repeat. Is that how it works, or does the rebel player need to destroy all the other ties before he can attempt to destroy it? The way I read the rules, it sounds like after " a combat round" meaning just one round needs to pass to play the card.

That is correct. you can try it after every round...and the Death Star cannot run away. so you can keep trying as long as you have fighters. :D

Thank you. I had a feeling that was correct. Seems very thematic having to keep trying like that.

"It's a hit!"

"Negative. It didn't go in. It just impacted on the surface."

I have a feeling i am going to have to get that scene downloaded on my phone to play during a game. I almost have to now :)