Retreating Leaders

By Frobozz, in Star Wars: Rebellion

If you have multiple leaders in a system and retreat after a round of combat, do you only get to retreat one leader or do they all (except captured leaders) retreat? The rulebook keeps talking about "one" leader during the retreat process but it seems odd that you wouldn't retreat all your leaders along with all units. If anyone can point me to something definitive, that would be great.

Loving the game so far, we are (likely) one turn from the end of our first game and it's going to be a dramatic finish!

The way I read the below items from Page 5, its just one leader.

To retreat from combat, the player must take one of his leaders from the system and place it in an adjacent system. (emphasis theirs)

Each player can only retreat from each combat once, even if he has multiple leaders in the system.

A player can retreat with any one of his leaders in the system, even if it does not have tactic values.

Otherwise , why have that "one" in bold?

Yeah, I agree it says one , I just can't think of a good reason why (thematically) you'd leave all your other leaders behind. Seems odd and I don't see what the point of it is. Those left behind leaders would be potential targets for capture since they aren't coming along.

Since the leaders likely aren't going to be doing anything for the rest of the round, and are returned to your pool in the refresh, it's unlikely to make a difference, unless a mission card is played. The rules as they stand allow you to make a tactical choice about which leader/s can be left alone. Choices make the game fun.

"We were forced to make a tactical retreat after Home One was destroyed. Admiral Ackbar is believed to have safely evacuated the ship in an escape pod. His fate at this point is uncertain. We will do everything in.our power to extract him, but must face the very real possibility the enemy will get to him first."

Edited by KoalaXav