Rebel movement through "Rebel Base" system.

By ZekeH30, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Can the Rebels move units to and from the system containing the Rebel Base, without moving them into the "Rebel Base space"? I do remember reading somewhere in the rules that the Rebels can have Loyalty in the system, and that they can deploy troops to the system instead of the "Rebel Base space" At first, I thought that moving into the system would force you into moving them into the "Rebel Base space", but now with seeing the deploy rule, I'm not so sure.

Ok, I found what I'm talking about.

-"While the Rebel base is hidden, the Rebel Player can deploy up to two units to the "Rebel Base" space. If the Rebel base's system is loyal, he can also deploy units in that system."-

So, if I'm seeing this correct, that means the Rebel player should be able to move to and from the system containing the Rebel Base without giving away it's position by forcing the player to put his pieces in the "Rebel Base space".

And I believe one of the ways for the Rebels to gain loyalty in a system is having troops in the system, to trigger a mission on one of his Mission Cards. So to initial gain loyalty, you would have to be allowed to move in there.

Just checking if this all makes sense, or if I'mm seeing something different.

Yes, everything you said makes sense and is correct to the best of my understanding. Also if you want to be even more devious you can play the Hidden Fleet card to "move" you forces from the hidden base to the system its already in to mess with your opponent's head even more ;)

Whatever system the Rebel base is in is treated like any other system until the Imperial player lands ground units on the planet. Then the forces from the base space pop up and it is continued to be treated like any other system.

Basically the part you quoted is saying that if you have loyalty in the same system your base is concealed in, you can deploy up to 4 units there in a turn (2 hidden, 2 not hidden)

Can the Rebels move units to and from the system containing the Rebel Base, without moving them into the "Rebel Base space"? I do remember reading somewhere in the rules that the Rebels can have Loyalty in the system, and that they can deploy troops to the system instead of the "Rebel Base space" At first, I thought that moving into the system would force you into moving them into the "Rebel Base space", but now with seeing the deploy rule, I'm not so sure.

Ok, I found what I'm talking about.

-"While the Rebel base is hidden, the Rebel Player can deploy up to two units to the "Rebel Base" space. If the Rebel base's system is loyal, he can also deploy units in that system."-

So, if I'm seeing this correct, that means the Rebel player should be able to move to and from the system containing the Rebel Base without giving away it's position by forcing the player to put his pieces in the "Rebel Base space".

And I believe one of the ways for the Rebels to gain loyalty in a system is having troops in the system, to trigger a mission on one of his Mission Cards. So to initial gain loyalty, you would have to be allowed to move in there.

Just checking if this all makes sense, or if I'mm seeing something different.

Correct, you can move your forces into the space containing the Rebel Base without moving into the Base itself.

-Will