Fallout

By SpoonieBard, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

I have been a fan of the Fallout video game series since it was on PC long before Bethesda had their hands in the pot of gold. Now that the series is taking off once again and it's popularity is at an all time high; When will there be a FF fallout game in the style of Talisman/RELIC. I was playing Relic just last week and looked at the character profile cards and pictured the cards looking like pip boys with the different stat bars. There is an over abundance of material and quests and characters to pull from, there's plenty of factions. Is this in the works or would the copyright be too much? Thoughts?

I like the idea of a Fallout game, but instead of a roll-and-move like Talisman, I'd like to see an open-world game where players go on quests, find items, earn XP, and such.

Ffg announced a DOOM boardgame before gencon, an IP now owned by Bethesda.

So a fallout or elder scrolls boardgame by FFG seems closer than ever.

love the Fallout games. a board game based on it would rock. and the expansions could be based on New Vegas or Boston like the current game is.

On 2/2/2017 at 1:14 PM, Moon-beast King said:

love the Fallout games. a board game based on it would rock. and the expansions could be based on New Vegas or Boston like the current game is.

I'm not sure I'd want a board game that re-hashes New Vegas, or Boston, or any place that's already been visited. I think it might be better to forge a new trail in a different location, like Kansas or the Dakotas where a bunch of different factions vie for resources to rebuild in a relatively untouched/recovered region.

I'd like to see a more narrative game similar to Arkham Horror LCG. Replace Sanity with Radiation damage and use the wound system from Mansions of Madness (where radiation damage gives you a mutation). This way you aren't stuck with a single location or scale. One scenario can be a cross country trek whereas the next can be a dungeon crawl.

Of course, you have a deck of "Settlements That Need Your Help" cards to draw from each turn.

Edited by Hedgehobbit

Looks like Modiphious beat FFG to the punch on the Fallout license. That surprises me as FFG already has Doom, which is another Bethesda license.