Ork Bestiary

By Avdnm, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

As Orks didn't get that much love in Deathwatch(10 entries over all the books), I thought before I put work into it myself I might as well ask you guys.

So anyone around here already built his own Ork bestiary for DW and care to share?

I've built a Morkanaut for a recent mission - I hope I still have the notes. I'll check it when I get home.

I built out some mekboyz, kommadoz, and a weirdboy. Though my favorite by far is the weirdboy (which appears below). He has everything a standard ork boy has plus:

Weirdboy (Elite)

50 WS, 25 BS, 35 AG, WP 50, 35 Wounds

2 melee attacks per round
+2 damage in melee

+3 damage when charging

+2 critical damage

Spend reaction to make another melee attack

Halve the result of critical damage

For every Ork within 10m, +10 to resist fear or pinning

Weirdboy Staff :(d10+12 I, Pen 5, Balanced, Special) - two-handed, made of copper, inlaid with exposed wires and cords, and has a human skull at one end and a iron spike on the other. Whenever he damages an opponent, Weirdboy may (as a free action) channel psychic energy into the staff. Requires a focus power test using Opposed Willpower. For every degree of success, Weirdboy adds an extra 1d10 damage, ignoring the opponent’s toughness and armor

PSY Rating 5:

1. Mork’s Gaze: arcs or crackling green lightning leap out from the Weirdboyz’ eyes and strike a random enemy within PRx10m doing 1d10xPR, Pen=PR energy damage. For every 2 degrees of success on the focus power test, another arc is generated. The same target may not be struck twice. Half action, attack, not opposed, not sustained

2. Smog of da Waagh!: opening its jaw impossibly wide while bellowing a tremendous “Waagh!”, a translucent green fog emanates from the Weirdboyz’s mouth. Whipped into a psychic frenzy, all Orks within a 20m radius of the Weirdboy may make an additional standard attack each round while this power is in effect. All non-Orks within the area must succeed on a Opposed Willpower test or suffer -10 to all actions until the power ends. Area moves with Weirdboy if sustained. Full action, may be sustained, not opposed

3. Grot Toss: manifesting a pair of massive ork hands in the air, the Weirdboy may toss up to 1xPR Orks no farther than 5xPR meters, including himself. Orks moving in this way who end the movement in melee combat count as having used the “charge” action. If an Ork did not end the movement in melee, it may act normally. Half action, movement, not opposed, not sustained

4. Gork’s Foot: crying to the heavens, the Weirdboy beseeches Gork to smash its foes. The wind begins to howl as dark clouds swirl above. Without warning, a massive green foot rushes down from the clouds and stomps on an area within 30m of the Weirdboy. Any creature caught in the area suffers 1d10xPR, Pen=PR impact damage. The area’s size is 2xPR. Full action, attack, not opposed, not sustained

The Weirdboy rolls on the Psychic Phenomena table (page 187) as normal. Howver, should a Weirdboy roll a 75+ on the Phschich Phenomena table, it consults the Perils of the Waagh! table below:

01-30

Vessel of the Waagh!: Weirdboy convulses as bolts of green energy ripple across his body. Must pass a Willpower Test (+0) or take unmodified 2d5 E.

31-55

Thump’d: With a sharp crack and an explosion of green energy, the Weirdboy is thrown to the ground and stunned for 1d5 rounds. All Orks within 3d10 meters must pass a Willpower Test (+10) or be stunned for 1 round

56-75

Where’d ya go?: A green bolt of lightning strikes the ground directly underneath the Weirdboy, throwing him 3d10 meters into the air in a random direction. Weirdboy takes 1d10 damage plus 1 for each meter of his fall.

76-90

Waagh! Eruption: The Weirdboyz’ brain overloads with raw psychic energy, bolts of green energy erupt in all directions. Anyone with 1d10 meters (including the Weirdboy) take 1d10+5, Pen 5 E damage (Weirdboy may not dodge).

91-100

Ead Bang: The Weirdboyz’ head is onsumed in a brilliant gout of green fire and explodes, killing him instantly.

Edited by Snerded