Action cards during game setup.

By Zogwort, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Hello all,

I just got the game and have read through the rules for the first time, I noticed that in the First Game section it says to leave the are returned to the game box and won't be used during this game. Ok, makes sense. However, It also says on page 18 under the Advanced Rules for Action cards, that I draw 2 Action cards from the Action deck and return the 4 starting Action cards to the box and they won't be used during this game.

I feel that this last part is a misprint? If now, when do I get use the 4 starter Action cards?

Am I correct in thinking that when playing the Advanced rules, what I should be doing is having a starting hand which consists of my 4 starting Action cards, plus the 2 randoms that I draw, for a total starting hand of 6 Action cards?

you start with 2 action cards with out the recruit icon (the empire has 4 and the rebels have 6) and then the rest go in the box.

then each turn you will draw 2 from the deck of ones with the recruit icon, keep one and put the other one at the bottom of the deck.

Edited by KAGE13

Awesome, thanks!

Also, when you keep a card you draw, you recruit one leader that is shown on the card. Thus, after moving into round 5, you will never gain more action cards.

Yeah, that part is missing from the setup instructions, but it states it in the Action Card portion of the RR.

Yeah, that part is missing from the setup instructions, but it states it in the Action Card portion of the RR.

Which part is missing from the setup instructions? You start with the 4 starting Leaders (with out recruit icon) and 2 of your starting action cards.

You do not draw cards for your starting leaders.

Which part is missing from the setup instructions? You start with the 4 starting Leaders (with out recruit icon) and 2 of your starting action cards.

You do not draw cards for your starting leaders.

I was referring to the starting action cards since it isn't the action card portion of the complete setup appendix. It is stated in 8.IV of the complete setup, though, so I withdraw my previous comment.