Need a cheat sheet map for Imperial player

By BlindAdmiral, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Neither I nor any of my opponents have felt we needed a cheat sheet. Maybe 25 sytems it could be on. At least half that can be eliminated by having a empire ground force or loyalty. I dont mean to be fussy. But are the people wanting this actually played any games yet to see if its needed.

I do imagine that as we get used to the game, that the map and "cheat sheet" will become ingrained enough in our heads that we won't need the crutch anymore, but I'm not there yet.

The issue for me is that I am a very graphical thinking person. Looking at a list of things (either on paper or as a stack of cards) that are arranged around each other spatially is NOT going to give me a complete picture of the information. If I can't use a reference map to mark off proved systems I'm going to have to ask the rebel player to leave the room occasionally so that I can lay out my probe cards on the actual board in order to get an idea of where I stand in my search.

Well hell, then you could just look at his probe card and find the rebel base!

Well hell, then you could just look at his probe card and find the rebel base!

This isn't a game to play with somebody you suspect might cheat.

Agreed, but I think kmanweiss has a point that it also allows the Rebel player to put them on the bottom in case she's planning to relocate the base in fairly short order.

It's probably worth pointing out: in case you want to put some cards (that you know) on the bottom of the deck, you can simply use Rapid Mobilization.

I sorted the probe cards that I had in a make-believe 3x3 grid order and placed the cards based on their regions shown on the card.

For example, If I had the Hoth and Mon Calamari probe cards it'd look something like this.

II _ _

_ _ _

_ _ II

Eventually the probe cards would build up, thus letting me easily cast away regions from any suspicion and really narrow down the location of the Rebel Base.

Edited by patrickmahan

Last game we played went pretty long so the Imperial player just placed drawn probe cards on the systems that were already probed. System spaces are quite large so having the cards on them didn't interfere with the game board at all.

Last game we played went pretty long so the Imperial player just placed drawn probe cards on the systems that were already probed. System spaces are quite large so having the cards on them didn't interfere with the game board at all.

That's giving a lot of information to the Rebel player!

Agreed, but I think kmanweiss has a point that it also allows the Rebel player to put them on the bottom in case she's planning to relocate the base in fairly short order.

It's probably worth pointing out: in case you want to put some cards (that you know) on the bottom of the deck, you can simply use Rapid Mobilization.

False lead used prior to rapid mobilization allows you to control available options though. False lead, draw 4 probes from Imp player's hand. If any of those are good options, put them at the top, then put the ones you don't want at the bottom. Now you mobilize and draw the cards you put in the deck along with others and can pick where you want to go with more control. Plus, you've added the extra cards to the deck, which gives the Imps all kinds of new thoughts to consider.

Pick a probe from the hand that would make a GREAT base, Imp player knows it, but don't pick it as the new base. Imp player may waste time going back to that system to clear it again.

That's giving a lot of information to the Rebel player!

That's a HUGE amount of info to the Rebels. As is placing the cards down in any sort of pattern. Heck, even organizing your hand and going through them in order could tip people off.

Put your cards in some order in your hand, and I'm going to follow you going through your hand time and time again and likely narrow down some good idea of where I can bluff for base placement.

Play your cards on the table and I can tell exactly what you know for info giving me a big advantage.

Place your cards by regions on the table and I'm going to figure out which regions you have info on, and which ones are lacking.

In a game of hidden info, displaying info like that can be very dangerous.

We played this game for the first time tonight (loved it), and the very first thing my wife did as the Imperial player was open up a notebook and sketch out the galaxy. Then as she landed on planets or probed planets she would check them off of her little drawing.

I think this is a fine aid for the Imperial player to have. People shouldn't be punished for not having eidetic memories.