Just finished our first game...

By jediMasterLenny, in Star Wars: Rebellion

I played the empire - my wife played the rebels. The game is simply amazing. I don't know how it feels so good and so star wars - but it does!

I used the long range probe card to "guess" the rebel base - I was correct. The problem was there wasn't enough time left in the game for me to move troops to the location! The only complaint I have is that troop movement needs some work done on it. I know they don't want the ability to move troops all the way across the board in 1 turn - but there needs to be a little more movement freedom imho.

Perhaps this is why the "map" is so red right now?

Anyways, 9.5/10 FFG - great job.

Yeah this was my suspicion that rebel players would have the early advantage while imperial players learn the ropes. Time favors the rebels.

Good recap though. Did you play starter rules or advanced rules?

Starter rules, we haven't decided if we are playing again tonight or just waiting for tomorrow but we will play advanced then.

There is no need to change any movement rules. I have yet to lose as the empire. I just focus on building and moving fleets and always keep 3 big fleets spread out on the board.

There is no need to change any movement rules. I have yet to lose as the empire. I just focus on building and moving fleets and always keep 3 big fleets spread out on the board.

If at any time you have a fleet that is 2 or more movements away from a planet - and the last turn comes up - and the base is moved to one of those planets - with 2 turns left it's an auto-win for the rebellion.

My wife played the Empire and I played the Rebellion. In our last round she found the Rebel base and I had banked on blowing up the Death Star to gain the last two points I needed to win. Lando led the charge! The game was set to end just as it did in The Return of the Jedi! (Luke was even captured by Vader!) Sadly, the Rebellion failed to blow up the Death Star and the Empire took control of the galaxy.

My wife played the Empire and I played the Rebellion. In our last round she found the Rebel base and I had banked on blowing up the Death Star to gain the last two points I needed to win. Lando led the charge! The game was set to end just as it did in The Return of the Jedi! (Luke was even captured by Vader!) Sadly, the Rebellion failed to blow up the Death Star and the Empire took control of the galaxy.

Sounds like an intense exciting game though! And don't fret. There's always a new hope that you can strike back and bring about a return of the Jedi next time.

The game is well designed that so it is difficult for the imperials to win early due to dumb luck since finding the base isnt enough.

You have to either get the probe deck down they have nowhere to run to or you have to have to have units ready to pounce.

As you found out, using long range probe and not having adjacent units is a waste. Same thing happen to tom in the dice tower video.

In my game, the imps found the base turn 1 through influence but since he had no adjacent units, i simply re hid the base. I think that it is a good thing that is wasnt a crippling blow due to dumb luck.