GM Custom Weapons

By DrBirdbath, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

A month ago I started a campaign (Seeds of Hersy, a one-off ossuar campaign, into dark pursuits) and have a player who has constructed an awesome character. He has put a lot of thought into his character's personality, background, and in game interactions. He has definitely earned a reward, but I am struggling with crafting an item for him. He is a sword and board bodyguard type (Cardinal's Crimson Honour Guard) who refuses to use any overly mechanical or technological components. He says that his character despises the Adeptus Mechanicus due to their false belief in the Omnisiah (even with the emperor as an avatar of it). I was wondering if the community has any ideas on a stat-line for a relic holy weapon that I can reward this character with? Thanks

What Ordo is he in? I have a couple ideas for a relic weapon, they just depend on Ordo

You can give him a relic sword, make it a best quality one with the mono upgrade and fluff it as a masterpiece of the smith's art.

SCKoNi has the right idea, in my mind. The Reinforced upgrade is a good idea too, if he ever runs into parrying power-weapons. Maybe even throw on the Sanctified trait, if you're feeling really generous. 1d10+1R, 2 Pen, Balanced, Reinforced, Sanctified is pretty **** nice, in my mind.

So tempted to suggest he get a daemon weapon... but that would be wrong.

Just to offer another option, I'd suggest going the other way.

Instead of a high quality relic weapon which was made as a masterpiece of the maker's art, why not common weapon that has helped a hero or saint perform a mighty deed. This weapon has since been handed down to deserving characters over the ages, gaining in prestige.

So instead of a high quality, beautiful weapon with extra traits, it could be a very average, common looking, albeit well preserved 'named' weapon. Because of its legend, it provides peer (ecclesiarchy) and a +10 charm bonus vs. imperials for the rightful owner (so a thief wouldn't enjoy these bonuses) and perhaps it has sanctified trait too because of its history and subsequent blessing by numerous priests over the ages but it is very much a common sword in all other ways.