Did someone already wrote a useful manual / tutorial for this?

By SEApocalypse, in Star Wars: Rebellion

SCNR. Really, the reviews are full of praise for the game, and full of scorn for the manual. Basically as they are with all FFG products.

I had no issue with manual. I am curious to what peoples issues are. Could you point me to a few reviews?

I had no issue with manual. I am curious to what peoples issues are. Could you point me to a few reviews?

The same here!

I've read those reviews too. I think they should move from a manual system to a video demonstration and quick reference guide system. Then one person doesn't have to try to explain the rules to the less enthusiastic players.

FFG often has tutorial videos. Usually right on the product page. And I find the two manual approach works. Shut Up and Sit Down was quite enamored with it as well, iirc.

I'm a newbie to Fantasy Flight Games. But recently got into Armada and Xwing. Familiarity with those games really helped make sense of Rebellion's rule book. However, having said that, their rule book could be A LOT better. For a seasoned gamer, who understands the technicality and precision FFG puts into their book, it makes sense. For an inexperienced gamer it can be quite a bit. There are some small things FFG could do to help in the rule book with more detailed / photo examples. Avalon HIll's Axis and Allies rule book is better written and breaks down key aspects of the game making it easier for a first time player.

So, I'm not saying FFG's rule book is atrocious, but I can understand the frustration with them. I am saying it could be better. :)