Silent Xia Sheng Stance - Making Xianghua competitive 1.0

By MarcoPulleaux, in UFS Deck Building

So, Xianghua I feel is one of the more "intelligent" builds out there, such as other enigmas like Nina Williams, Algol, and Cervantes. She can be Combo-centric, abuse Static "while in card pool" effects, or just a straight-up rushdown character that, like a BAMF, adds foundations directly to the staging area.

I was working on a Life Xiang yesterday when I decided to scrap the entire idea. Life is now extremely competitive, and has a whole host of amazing characters to choose from, more importantly, aggressive ones like Mitsurugi and Siegfried.

That said, I started to think about Air Xianghua, which would give me access to Flexible Body, Wonderworld Comics, and most importantly, Stand Off. So, I got to work, and this is the lovechild of that labor. Here's to hoping for a successful Xianghua.

Xianghua* - Air

Actions: 6

3x Ninja Tactics 4/4 +2-MID
3x Silent Xia Sheng Stance 2/5 +1-MID (A/L)

Assets: 6

3x Eiserne Drossel 3/5 +2-MID [unique] [Weapon] (A/L)
3x Wonderworld Comics 2/5 +3-LOW [Terrain]

Attacks: 17

3x Twisting Lotus Flow 5/2 +2-LOW [Weapon] [Combo (High Attack, Mid Weapon)] (A/L)
3x Assassin's Secret 4/3 +2-HIGH [Kick] [Combo (Weapon)]
4x Rhythm Halt 4/3 +2-MID [Weapon] (A/L)
3x Dragon Lifter 4/2 +4-MID [stun: 2] [Weapon] [Combo (Kick)]
4x Zi Mei's Wheel Kick 3/3 +2-MID [Kick] [stun: 3]

Foundations: 36

3x The Forgotten Technique 3/5
4x Communing with the Ancients 3/5
3x Stand Off 2/5 +3-MID
4x Just Kidding 2/5 +3-LOW (A/L)
3x From the Mouse, Humility 2/5 +3-LOW
4x Perfect Sense of Balance 2/5 (A/L)
3x Nursing a Grudge 2/5
4x Flexible Body 2/4 +3-MID (A/L)
4x Knows When to Talk... 1/5 +3-LOW
4x Quick Exit 1/5 (A/L)

Ideas on the Wind: Air Xianghua

Combo Queen:
Attacks - The Forgotten Technique - Nursing a Grudge - Ninja Tactics

I happen to think Xianghua is best when she is performing Combos. Afterall, that's how she is in the game, right? The attack line-up has some familiar tactics, and they all work in conjunction. I can either (for example) Assassin's Secret - Dragon Lifter into Rhythm Halt - TLF, or Dragon Lifter - Assassin's Secret into Rhythm Halt - TLF. I can also throw a Wheel Kick onto the front of that and end up doing both. I can Dragon Lifter - Xianghua F into Rhythm Halt, TLF, etc. TLF is obviously the integral winning card, with Wheel Kick Dragon Lifter putting the Stun on and Dragon Lifter being a mad block bait.

The Forgotten Technique and Nursing a Grudge are just obvious, nabbing Kicks, Weapons, or Combos. Ninja Tactics is stupid good, especially since I can Dragon Lifter - Assassin's Secret - Ninja Tactics and then blow up some Forgotten Techniques to either get both back or other Combos.

On the defensive:
Silent Xia Sheng Stance - Wonderworld Comics - Flexible Body - Stand Off - Knows When to Talk...

Silent Xia Sheng Stance is one of my favorite cards of the set, and it really looks like they designed the card with Xianghua's frail defenses in mind. It's a simple card, but will definitely serve its purpose in the long run, I feel. I picked it over Acrobatic because, the way I see it, a lot of attacks won't have a huge difference between attack and speed, with the perhaps most obvious exception being Path of the Master King, whom I feel didn't benefit at all from this set. Wonderworld helps me draw into more blocks, and provides momentum for Flexible Body, the ultimate defensive card for X. Stand Off and Knows are obvious defensive drops.

What to drop and what not to: Xianghua's R

The great thing about Xiang's R is that it can work easily as an offensive tool and a defensive tech. Offense is easy: deal damage, get a foundation. Works amazingly with Quick Exit, but the preferred foundations are, of course, the 3 diff ones. Defensively, it allows me to play attacks (which deal damage), and freely get my Stand Offs and Flexible Bodies ready to be used during the opponent's impending onslaught.

Anyways, not too sure what to think at the current moment, but it's a start :) .