4x For the Money

4x It's Got to be the Hair

4x From the Horse, Endurance

4x Communing with the Ancients

Actions:

4x Mist Stance

4x Willful

3x Path of the Master

Mist Stance (xY) FMD, spam attacks until dead. Nothing too special, just a basic Mitsu fire deck I through together to test my Xianghua deck. She kicked his ass by the way 2-1!

I like your lineup. I went "weapon theme" for mine but your build looks better all around. I would have a look at First Rite even if it's low. makes your disembowel very easy to pass.

Your deck, to me, has some serious problems when it comes to blocking. Some of your foundations are higher difficulty, and lack a block (Horse, Communing) which means you will probably not be able to clear them from your hand as readily to make way for other blocks. Also, no low blocks. No wonder X beat him, he can't full block her kill conditions.

As for attacks, I agree with 3 of your 5 choices. Side Kick does not make sense to me, as it is blockless, low damage, and really does nothing for the combos, which are weapons based. Running both Pommel Smash and Wheel Kick I also have an issue with, for similar reasons. I would use one type of control, and side the other. From there, I would look into running some form of low block (First Rite is very nice, as the only High attack with a Low block is Hammer Uppercut). I would also suggest Cleave instead of one of the control cards. Good stats, very good block, and works with both Mist and Rugi, as well as the combo on Fire Brand.

-Tinman

Flying Side Kick ... Willful ... It's Got to be the Hair ... From the Horse, Endurance ... that's quite an unorthodox build you have there (12 attacks that don't block, 0 low blocks in sight). This deck needs some serious work; no wonder X creamed him.

You shouldn't be afraid to run a 2 check; to that end, Hammer Uppercut offers the same damage as Midnight Launcher , a Low block, and the ability to be played as the opening argument (all for the price of +1 difficulty). I'd rather have Tyr's Warding Smash over Flying Side Kick ; if I'm going to have filler, I want it to block well for me. Here's the prototype I was working on, see if you can glean anything from it.

Fire Mitsurugi

Starting Character:

Mitsurugi* (6 HS 28 Vitality) ( All , Fire , Life )

Actions (4):

4 Mist Stance (2/5 +2M) ( All , Fire , Life )

Assets (4):

2 Gianzende Nova and Frischer Himmel (2/5 +2M; Unique, Weapon) ( Fire , Good, Order)

2 Reaver's Axe (2/4 +2H; Unique, Weapon) ( All , Fire , Order)

Attacks (16):

4 Pommel Smash (3/3 2H1; Stun: 1, Weapon) ( All , Fire , Order)

4 Tyr's Warding Smash (4/3 2H4 +1H; Weapon) ( All , Fire , Order)

4 Full Moon Disembowel (5/3 3H6 +2M; Combo, Weapon) ( All , Fire , Life )

4 Hammer Uppercut (5/2 3H7 +2L; Weapon) (Death, Earth, Fire )

Foundations (36):

4 Hope for One's People (0/5 +3H) ( Fire , Good, Order)

4 Brooding (1/5 +3H) (Death, Earth, Fire )

4 Envoy of the Queen (1/5 +3L; Weapon) ( All , Fire , Order)

4 The Strength Within (1/5 +2M) ( All , Fire , Life )

4 Defeated the Rifle (2/5) ( All , Fire , Life )

4 From the Mouse, Humility (2/5 +3L) (Air, Fire , Good)

4 Looking for a Thrill (2/4 +3H) ( All , Fire , Life )

4 Relentless (2/4; Weapon) ( All , Fire , Order)

4 Communing with the Ancients (3/5) (Air, Chaos, Fire )

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definately be revamping Mitsu today.

Well, in the end these suggestions gave me some great ideas on how to improve Xianghua so thanks again. I don't actually care too much for Mitsu.

No worries. I look forward to your Xianghua* . gran_risa.gif